Big Dog Mowers

wdrdoctor

Threads
Hello Everyone! I haven't seen many conversations on this forum regarding Big Dog Mowers. I went to one of my local commercial lawn equipment stores a few weeks ago for the very first time. They had a few big dog zero turn mowers,and I was very impressed! I would love to get as much feedback as I can regarding big dog mowers.

Threads
Hello Everyone! I haven't seen many conversations on this forum regarding Big Dog Mowers. I went to one of my local commercial lawn equipment stores a few weeks ago for the very first time. They had a few big dog zero turn mowers,and I was very impressed! I would love to get as much feedback as I can regarding big dog mowers.
There is some good info in these threads:

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/general-mower-discussion/15369-review-big-dog-r-series-powerbar-754-a.html

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/general-mower-discussion/11126-big-dog-r-series.html

:smile:

wdrdoctor

Threads
I would like to here some fresh info regarding big dog mowers. The 2 threads you provided were not that informative.

possum

Threads
Type in Big Dog Mowers and the company will come up. That's about as good a info you are going to get. Hustler mowers are common around here and so are the dealers. Big Dog is not. Excel is well known to be a good source of well made heavy duty mowers. I have yet to see one here in town.

wdrdoctor

Threads
Is there anyone who has some info or pictures of the Big Dog Alpha? This is a new mower that should be at dealers any time now. I have done internet searches,and I am not able to find anything at all. I have also been told that Big Dog Mowers will be redoing their entire warranty program on all mowers. The information that I have heard is that a 7yr -300 hour warranty will starting very soon.

LoCo86

Threads
Is there anyone who has some info or pictures of the Big Dog Alpha? This is a new mower that should be at dealers any time now. I have done internet searches,and I am not able to find anything at all. I have also been told that Big Dog Mowers will be redoing their entire warranty program on all mowers. The information that I have heard is that a 7yr -300 hour warranty will starting very soon.
Did you mean a 7 year 3000 hour warranty? Cause if it's only a 300 hour warranty then that's is not that great. Cause they will go by which ever comes first and 300 hours will go by before you know it.

wdrdoctor

Threads
I heard 300 hours,but I agree with you. For residential use only,300 hours would be a lot of hours. I sure hope that it is 3000 hours ,and not 300 hours.
Only time will tell.

Threads
Look for yourself, but it is probably a 300 hour warranty. Because I looked in the Big Dog brochure, and though they don't have the new model you are looking at, the other models have a residential warranty of anywhere from 3 to 4 years and 240 to 500 hours. But you say they are changing things, so take it for what it's worth. See the last 2 pages:

http://www.bigdogmowers.com/images/pdfs/2013 Brochure_PDFs/BIGDOG_BROCHURE2013.pdf

wdrdoctor

Threads
The C series mower has a 3 yr limited warranty. I'm told the C series is going away,and being replaced with a upgraded version called the Big Dog Alpha. The big dog alpha will have a 7 yr - 300 hour warranty. I would love to see some pictures of this big dog alpha,along with some official specs.

RatRacer

Threads
What would you like to know, other than the fact they are a sub brand of Hustler? I test drove a bunch of units, before the powerbar debacle.

edd

Threads
i have 2 big dog mowers---r 754 and 60 inch diablo......satisfied with both of them.........well built...low center of gravity

levecks

Forum Newbie
Threads
You can visit Residential and Commercial Zero Turn Radius Lawn Mowers and Tractors - Big Dog Mowers and check out all the models. How many acres are you going to mow? I ask because i'm a dealer and that is always the first question I ask customers, basically what is the application? We sold Toro for years and then got out of them. I have no bad feelings about our decision. Excel industries makes as nice a mower and for any application as anybody else out there. The prices for every model are also more than competitive. I'd visit a local dealer and let them know your application and I am certain they will show the proper models for your specific needs.

The Alpha's are new to Big Dog this year. The Raptor is basically the same thing, just on the Hustler side of it. I believe the Big Dog has some features the Raptor does not. They all use Kawasaki twin cylinders, have the welded deck and range from 42"-60" deck sizes.

infoonozcafecom

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Big Dog Mowers - Problems, problems, problems

Iʻve had my Big Dog Alpha MP 48" model, for about 2 years. I have had a single consistent problem/issue with this mower; the drive belt is constantly falling off and because it falls off alot, it breaks alot. Iʻve replaced this belt over a dozen times (yes more then 12 times). It just broke again, and when I replaced it, it keeps falling off as soon as I start the engine, looks like the tension idler is bent, what a pain in my a**. Also the seat back is broken and this happened within the 1st year and Iʻm under 200lbs. I have a little over an acre and a half of lawn to mow and I mow roughly every 2 to 3 weeks. I only have 110 hours on the machine. My advice is buy something else.