Big Box Store or Local Dealer

Big Box or Dealer

• Total voters

MowerMike

Threads
Also i don't understand what patronize means. Do you mean to be loyal to the shop or to put the shop down?

pa·tron·ize (ptr-nz, ptr-)
tr.v. patronized, patronizing, patronizes
1. To act as a patron to; support or sponsor.
2. To go to as a customer, especially on a regular basis.
3. To treat in a condescending manner.

MowerMike

Threads
And all your bikes came fully assembled. All you did was put hot air in the tires. I stand by my posts.

You are the one who is clueless here. :rolleyes:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don't need a clue, to understand you. See below.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Even most big box stores price match.

I am going to who has the best price. When I am out cutting HUD homes and need a part and go to a dealer most times I just get pissed off
Always want a model number for even blades or a tire I always go in with a pic and a part number I like the little home town dealer down the road I go in say I need a clutch disk for a 1990 snapper he turn around and picks it up
Now go to a big dealer and they want a model number I just walk out There is only one clutch disk

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

Threads
Even most big box stores price match.

I am going to who has the best price. When I am out cutting HUD homes and need a part and go to a dealer most times I just get pissed off
Always want a model number for even blades or a tire I always go in with a pic and a part number I like the little home town dealer down the road I go in say I need a clutch disk for a 1990 snapper he turn around and picks it up
Now go to a big dealer and they want a model number I just walk out There is only one clutch disk

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

Yep same here.:thumbsup:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
WOW, thought for a minute this thread was going to come to blows:0)
I'm still pretty annoyed at the local Home Depot manager.....just before Christmas I decided I wanted one of those MoJacks and had seen them at Home Depot last summer. I figured, it's the dead of winter surely if they have any in stock they will give me an "off season discount" just to make a winter-time sale.......WRONG. The manager abruptly said no, I'm not allowed to give discounts. I wasn't expecting "much", just maybe $15-$20 off the $199 price to off-set the sales tax. But no go, if I wanted it I had to pay full price. I later saw the MoJack at TSC(same price). I asked and TSC said they would give me $10 off without hesitating when I told them Home Depot had them for the same price. I "almost" boxed mine up and took it back to HD and asked for a refund and tell them TSC was selling them cheaper. But I just let it go. The HD manager "could have" done the same thing and we all know it!!!

Vanillaman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I buy from the local dealer whenever possible. These are local people who are knowlegable about their products and are available to help if I have a problem.

Nwatson99

Threads
I voted dealer, you cannot buy my equipment at the big box stores and with the way my dealer as handled the issue I was having with my deck, I don't think you could ask for better service.