BG-86 BG86 Carb Adjustment Tool - Stihl# 59108902314

SamD

Threads
Got my carb adjustment tool today, and it works perfectly on these weird mixture screw heads. Best of all, it's the CORRECT tool, and I only paid $12.83.

thumbnail (1).jpg

SamD

Threads
So many chiming in now are missing the original question, which is:
"Where does one find this tool AND for a reasonable price?"
All you have to do is make the phone call....

As I understood White's Farm Supply's website, they would not ship Stihl products of any kind. It is walk-in or local sales only.

Gord Baker

Threads
Per the title of my post,

"BG-86 BG86 Carb Adjustment Tool - Stihl# 59108902314",​

I'm looking for the Stihl tool, not Aftermarket. Aftermarket and Genuine are not the same thing. Genuine Stihl tools, wrapped in Stihl packaging, bearing the Stihl trademark, etc are available in many places.

I'm looking for one for a reasonable price. That is the essence of my question. Does someone here know where I can find Stihl# 59108902314 for a reasonable price?
Glad you are not being picky. Are you going to frame it or use it?

SamD

Threads
Glad you are not being picky. Are you going to frame it or use it?
Why do you give a damn? Maybe try offering something constructive, otherwise....._______________. You can fill in the blank.
For what it's worth, I found what I was looking for on acceptable terms. Maybe you should also read the posts in the thread.

sootypipe

Forum Newbie
Threads
Why do you give a damn? Maybe try offering something constructive, otherwise....._______________. You can fill in the blank.
For what it's worth, I found what I was looking for on acceptable terms. Maybe you should also read the posts in the thread.
With all due respect, you could also have been a bit more helpful. I read the entire 6 pages of threads. It would have been helpful if you defined what a "reasonable price" was to you. Not knowing where you live does make a difference too. Canadian dollars are different and the east and west coasts just have different costs of living.

And also helpful to the rest of us: if you would tell everyone where you ended up getting your tool!

Enjoy your adjusting!

SamD

Threads
With all due respect, you could also have been a bit more helpful. I read the entire 6 pages of threads. It would have been helpful if you defined what a "reasonable price" was to you. Not knowing where you live does make a difference too. Canadian dollars are different and the east and west coasts just have different costs of living.

And also helpful to the rest of us: if you would tell everyone where you ended up getting your tool!

Enjoy your adjusting!
I got it from a Stihl dealer - won't mention which one, but I travel in VA, WV, NC, and SC regularly. It was in one of those four states - won't say which state or dealer so as not to get them flagged. Stihl, the company, calls it a "screwdriver" in their ordering system, so I suppose that gets them around the "carb adjustment tool" verbage...

Bounje

Threads
  • / BG-86 BG86 Carb Adjustment Tool - Stihl# 59108902314
I just got one from my dealership for a reasonable price

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Just remember Stihl over the years just like OEMs has use different tools for adjustments depending on both the EPA and their desire to keep thing propriety. The tool discussed here is the new 8 sided one. Previously it was a 6 sided version.

So before you run and buy one please verify which one you have.

Gord Baker

Threads
Geeeeze people. Take your meds.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yelp, going to see my drug dealer today...That is the legal one.

Yes they whining over the cost, yet pay for other vices and not complain... My lord it is what it is. Just be thankful you can even get the tools. If the EPA had their way fully we would having to send the equipment back to the factories for this to be done.

And at least don't have to have custom made in a machine shop like one tool I needing to get made now. Ouch!