BG-86 BG86 Carb Adjustment Tool - Stihl# 59108902314

SamD

Threads
Anyone know where to find one of these asinine octagonal adjusters for a reasonable amount of money?

Had I known this blower had these adjusting screws, I might not have purchased it as I always work on my own equipment.

OR, can anyone recommend an aftermarket carb to replace the brand new one on this unit, one that I can adjust to make the blower run correctly?

Thank you!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Government says you must the an authorized dealer to have one. You’ll find all the different manufacturers have their own style, no one I know uses a simple slot. Have about a dozen different styles in my tool box. I’ve known shops who have been fined for selling them. You’re going to have to find them on the aftermarket. Be careful as they come in different shapes and sizes.

SamD

Threads
Government says you must the an authorized dealer to have one. You’ll find all the different manufacturers have their own style, no one I know uses a simple slot. Have about a dozen different styles in my tool box. I’ve known shops who have been fined for selling them. You’re going to have to find them on the aftermarket.
I think you missed my question, which was "where can I find one of these for a reasonable amount of money?" I couldn't give a lick that some bureaucrat in Washington thinks I need to be a dealer to have one...

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As I said, “You’re going to have to find them on the aftermarket. Be careful as they come in different shapes and sizes.”. Amazon, EBay, google searches using that number.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
I typed "stihl octagonal carb tool" in GOOGLE and got about 100 hits on kits including make your own. Then I typed 59108902314 into the same search engine and saw some for sale as low as $10 each.

SamD

Threads
As I said, “You’re going to have to find them on the aftermarket. Be careful as they come in different shapes and sizes.”. Amazon, EBay, google searches using that number.
Per the title of my post,

"BG-86 BG86 Carb Adjustment Tool - Stihl# 59108902314",​

I'm looking for the Stihl tool, not Aftermarket. Aftermarket and Genuine are not the same thing. Genuine Stihl tools, wrapped in Stihl packaging, bearing the Stihl trademark, etc are available in many places.

I'm looking for one for a reasonable price. That is the essence of my question. Does someone here know where I can find Stihl# 59108902314 for a reasonable price?

SamD

Threads
I typed "stihl octagonal carb tool" in GOOGLE and got about 100 hits on kits including make your own. Then I typed 59108902314 into the same search engine and saw some for sale as low as $10 each.
Did you happen to find Genuine Stihl? I've been searching with Yahoo for a few hours. I'll try Google. Thank you.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Didn’t think I had to do the searching also???