Best upper end residential zero turn

jlee4363

Threads
Scag would be my choice,very well made,make sure you are getting transmissions made like hydraulic pump NOT hydro-gear junk. Over the decades u may have to buy an engine,seat or some other wear parts but it should be a one time mower purchase. G'luck!

SHB

Threads
Happy with our eXmark radius, bought it from a local Dealer. Before that I had a bad boy ZTR, built tough, abused the heck out of it, it keeps running. Both have hydrogear transaxles

DOB

Forum Newbie
Threads
Snapper Z50 48" hard to beat we've sold many never nothing but great feedback from consumers

mmuehlba

Threads
well if Looking to buy my son a house warming gift. I would get a Walker it would be the last one he ever needs .

Attachments

• 1700_DSC9511  - Copy.jpg
    1700_DSC9511 - Copy.jpg
    491.9 KB · Views: 4

joe_cooler

Threads
1.5 Mowing Acres will be best with a 54" mower or larger. You can go smaller, but why? Budget is the factor. 1.5 acres on a 54" is about an hour or less. A Cub Cadet Ultima 54" ZT1 with a Kohler motor will get you a decent mower with a Fabricated deck and easy maintenance and wide parts availability. Prices are under 3.5K. You will be putting less than 50 hours a year on it so longevity is not an issue. Blow it off every time, wash it occasionally, service it IAW the manual, slap some Gator Blades on it and always store it inside. Its a residential application so don't get wrapped up in the comparisons too much. Its a very low use system and any of them will serve you well for the short amount of mow time. If you were using it daily I would have different advice. I take care of about 7 acres each week of the season where the bigger commercial mowers make a difference, but that is not your profile.

Attachments

• Cub Cadet Ultima ZT1 54.jpg
    Cub Cadet Ultima ZT1 54.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 0

oneoldsap

Threads
Service after the sale , is one of the things you buy , when you buy equipment . I mow commercially , and own only John Deere . Their parts stream is second to NONE , and there are plenty of dealers , so there is always one close by !

mchammer1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looking to buy my son a house warming gift. 1.5 acres slight hills...

best bang for the buck zero turn.
Of the ones I've had, the Bad Boy Elite for $5000.00 is a best buy and a great mower.

Chuckinnj

Forum Newbie
Threads
Not a zero turn but check out a KUBOTA T2290KWT……. 42" or 48” fabricated deck.

BTW! Kubota has some 0% for 24 months financing offers and they make a nice machine.

kenboss

Forum Newbie
Threads
Cub Cadet RZT SX 50 is my recommendation for you.
Fast, Fast Turning, It will also mow light brush. Will it last 20 years, do not know, it will last until a good commercial battery powered zeroturn comes out. Some large commercial customers in Dallas are requesting we use battery powered equipment when possible.
Also look at Walker and Country Clipper.