Best Engine on the market

What's the Best Mower engine on the Market today

• Total voters

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
What's the best Mower engine on the market today?

Kawasaki, Kohler, Honda, Briggs & Stratton, your thoughts?

Last edited:

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Briggs.

I dont think people know the r&d that briggs do.
If you didnt have briggs then the horticultural trade would struggle with engine demands.
15 million engines takes some beating.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Personally I think that Kawasaki has the market at the moment. Seems like everything I look at lately has a Kawasaki engine on it. Even though I've always been a Kohler fan I have too say the Kawasaki motors on both the G1336 WB and my Toro are great engines. :thumbsup:

As far as B&S goes I wouldn't give a nickel for every one they ever made, replaced to many of there engines when I worked for the county. :thumbdown:

m&p45

Threads
Although I have little experience with small engines, I'm going to have to agree with Ric. I have never heard anything bad about Kawasaki small engines. Can't say the same about the other brands in question.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry, but I would like you too revise your poll. Kohler is great, no they have the Courage crap. Honda is the best, no they have that piece of junk they are selling to the off market. Briggs is awesome, wait did you say Intek. Tecumseh, sorry. Kaws, no small units. What about Wisconsin Robin, Subaru Robin, Onan, Yanmar, Kubota, the old Lawn Boy, Dolmar, and I could name a few more. I think you get where I'm going.

m&p45

Threads
Sorry, but I would like you too revise your poll. Kohler is great, no they have the Courage crap. Honda is the best, no they have that piece of junk they are selling to the off market. Briggs is awesome, wait did you say Intek. Tecumseh, sorry. Kaws, no small units. What about Wisconsin Robin, Subaru Robin, Onan, Yanmar, Kubota, the old Lawn Boy, Dolmar, and I could name a few more. I think you get where I'm going.

You make a very good point :laughing: ... wait I own a Kholer courage :frown:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
You make a very good point :laughing: ... wait I own a Kholer courage :frown:

Nothing wrong with a Kohler Courage, they are a great engine. I have three and all with lots of hours and I know a lot of people who also run the Courage engines and never have had any problems.

m&p45

Threads
Nothing wrong with a Kohler Courage, they are a great engine. I have three and all with lots of hours and I know a lot of people who also run the Courage engines and never have had any problems.

That's very good to hear. :smile:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

No I'm not going to revise the poll. The engines In the poll consist IMO of the most popular on the market.

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
What's the best Mower engine on the market today?

Kawasaki, Kohler, Honda, Briggs & Stratton, your thoughts?

Best in what way? :confused3:

Performance,
Longevity,
Warrenty,
Customer Service,
Replacement Parts,
Serviceability
Popularity,
Economy,
Research and Development,
Model choices, Inventory and Options

Considering all of these variables in my opinion it would be Briggs & Stratton. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• briggs&stratton.jpg
    briggs&stratton.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 15