Best comments from repair customer

GetTechnicalWithJd

Well-Known Member
Hi All,

I've search the Forum for a thread like this but have managed to find one so forgive me if this has already been done.

I'm sure all of you have had some classic remarks from customers regarding their equipment / problem. Any of you wanna share them with us?

Looking for better one than the usual remarks we hear like "It runs fine but is doesn't start" or "I have only used it once" (When the air filter is choked and the oil is sludgy).
 
The classic is "I can get my car serviced cheaper than that".

I say well if your car can cut grass then you are going to be a millionaire!
 
Well, I've never done mower service for a living, but when I was growing up in the fifties and sixties, my Dad had an independent auto repair shop, a "Garage" as we called it.

I was only a little kid, but I remember very well a fellow coming in asking my Dad if he would replace the exhaust system on his Buick and the customer said he would provide the parts. In those days exhaust systems didn't last any time at all, as they do today, so even though the car was only a couple of years old, it was plausible that it could be in need of an exhaust system. My Dad gave him the normal warning about his doing work without supplying the parts making the possibility of charging labor costs in the case of failed parts.

The next day, the guy showed up and left his '54 Buick and a pile of exhaust parts. My Dad said he didn't think they were the right parts and once he got the car in the air, he quickly figured out that none of it would fit. The guy came back that afternoon to pick it up and my Dad asked him about the parts. The fellow told him that the exhaust system he bought was for a '54 Mercury. When my Dad asked him why he bought a '54 Mercury exhaust system for a '54 Buick, the guy replied "my neighbor has a '54 Mercury and I like the sound when he races the engine.

It takes all kinds.

Larry
 
I like when people on here say my mower will turn over but won't crank

(( cowboy up and get over it ))
 
I had a lady come back, the day after she picked up her husband's chainsaw that was in for sharpening.

She brought it back saying, "My husband says that you must not be much of a mechanic if you put the bar back on upside-down!!"
 
I had a lady come back, the day after she picked up her husband's chainsaw that was in for sharpening.

She brought it back saying, "My husband says that you must not be much of a mechanic if you put the bar back on upside-down!!"

Yes had that one before.
trying to do them a favour by saving money and you get grief.
 
Back
Top