Bag-N-Wagon

dharma48

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello Snapper fans! :smile:

Did the Bag-N-Wagon have a limited distribution before it was discontinued? I've been using Snappers for about 13 years and have never seen one in person, only in brochures. I have a large flat area where one would be useful, but I'd mainly just like to have one in my collection as a novelty really. I approached the only two dealers in my area and only one of them remembered selling one in the mid 90's. He did say that they were extremely expensive when they were new, around $900.

The dealer also mentioned that the mowers at that time were underpowered when it came to blowing the grass up the tube, even with the wings attached to the blade. The Snapper I own now is 17.5 hp so I think it would be plenty powerful enough to work with one.

Thanks,
Matthew :smile:

Alanky

Threads
Good luck! I have several acres ,6 snapper mowers and I would love to have one for fall cleanup. I've been looking for over 4 years. Only seen two for sale on Craigslist that were close enough to go get. Missed one by a few minutes the guy told me. The other was almost rotted through on the bottom and missing parts. He wanted $400 firm, so I passed. Even though it was in such bad shape, I kinda kick myself now for not buying it.

Alanky

Threads
Ever find one? I'm going to drive about 5 hours for one next week! Can't wait to get it back home!

artfx

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anyone know where I can find replacement bags? I found a double bagger with everything but the bags...$40

Bf5922

Threads
I Have a bag n wagon I would sell with a rear engine 1972 Comet both are original. can see if you go to my snapper collection in lawn mower forum page 5 . email me at Bruce_Fleck@mac.com

Alanky

Threads
Where are you at in Indiana? Nice 1650's you have there, wish I could find a 1650! Nice collection.

Bf5922

Threads
Just east of Fort Wayne in Harlan In. Give me a call 260-466-3795.

tybilly

Threads
wow i havent heard of harlin in yrs,do you know anyone that works at mutton power equip?

scott47429

Threads
i know where one is its not in real good shape but its there the bag id ripped up and it had rust on the wagon but looks like its there even the tube from the deck to the wagon if you may be interested in it its in a mower junk yard in Ellettsville Indiana at Richards Small Engines 812-876-9302