Bad Link in the Lawn-Boy Forum

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
There is a topic called "PARTS ?" in the Lawn-Boy forum that seems to be a faulty link. When I click on it a blank page comes up. I've tried several times in the last couple days with the same result.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
In my original post I described what happens using Firefox 5.0.

I just tried clicking on the "PARTS ?" thread with IE8 and I get a "page cannot be displayed" message rather than a blank page.

Am I the only one having this problem?

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
OK. Now I'm convinced there really is a bug in the forum software. :thumbdown:

I just posted two non-working threads (both called "Generic Mower Parts") in the Small Engine & Mower Repair forum. Both of them have the same problem described in post #1 of this thread.

I finally got one to work -- it's called "Generic Mower Parts - Good Thread (hopefully)".

The problem is that I can't delete the bad threads. :confused:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
The problem is that I can't delete the bad threads. :confused:

I do believe, no member can delete his/her own thread once it's been posted. That's an admin/mod thing - you can only delete your posts (for a time) within a thread.

I wonder if the word 'parts' has something to do with it. Since I've been here, I've seen a lot of dead thread links, and they always have "parts" in the title of the thread........usually the last word in it.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I do believe, no member can delete his/her own thread once it's been posted. That's an admin/mod thing - you can only delete your posts (for a time) within a thread.

I wonder if the word 'parts' has something to do with it. Since I've been here, I've seen a lot of dead thread links, and they always have "parts" in the title of the thread........usually the last word in it.

That's right!

What a strange bug -- if that's it. :confused3:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
That's right!

What a strange bug -- if that's it. :confused3:

I think it is the result of an automatic thread killer aimed at keeping advertising from just spamming this site to death...
I have happened across some like that in the past... they show 0 views and 0 replies... they usually disappear within 24 hrs....
I am sure it is as twall said, key word placement in the Title... :smile:KennyV

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
And it's gone. :thumbsup: