Bad Boy Maverick vs Spartan RZ-HD

BlakeC

Threads
@BlakeC
If you can find Sunbelt XHT blades in your area, here is a blade that works really well on warm season grasses. I use these blades on my Gravely and there isn’t one Bahia grass seed stalk left standing.
I'll definitely keep those in mind. I just need something rock proof now. We're all clay here.. it's bumpy af, you can literally watch the grass grow when it's humid, but the rocks seem to grow about as quickly too! I always have a few rocks I have to keep an eye on and dig out when they become too tall. The last "rock" I pulled out was the size of a football on the surface and ended up being the size of a beach ball

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
If I were in the market for a 0-turn, SCAG all the way. These lawn crews around hear beat the snot out of them. And watching those overgrown Sheriff notice HOA pissed off grass too tall videos on YT, best cutters are SCAG. One dude has a Deere that does well in the tall stuff.

Around here Bad Boy, Hustler, Scrub Cadet and Husky are sitting at the pawn shops looking for an owner. You guys are right about brands being a regional thing.

BlakeC

Threads
I'll pass on the cancer blades LOL.

View attachment 61329
🤣🤣🤣 I'm sure they're fine. Just don't grind them and breath them in for years on end. Have you ever read the requirements for the P65 warning? I'm in the gun industry so we had to read up on it. It's such a joke. According to California, life itself basically needs a P65 warning. Some chemicals require it if it's at 1 THOUSANDTH the level it's known to POTENTIALLY cause issues.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
If I were in the market for a 0-turn, SCAG all the way. These lawn crews around hear beat the snot out of them. And watching those overgrown Sheriff notice HOA pissed off grass too tall videos on YT, best cutters are SCAG. One dude has a Deere that does well in the tall stuff.

Around here Bad Boy, Hustler, Scrub Cadet and Husky are sitting at the pawn shops looking for an owner. You guys are right about brands being a regional thing.
Most of the pawn shop mowers that you listed are originally purchased at big box stores. You want find a Bad Boy Maverick at a big box store.

RayMcD

Threads
Yea, I've never seen a BobCat around. Didn't even know BobCat made zero turns until I saw a Facebook ad 🤣
I have a Spartan dealer 5 miles West of me and a Bad Boy dealer 5 miles East.
I see a lot of Cub Cadets, Husqvarna, John Deere, Simplicity, and Ferris. Scags here and there too, but pretty rare.
On the real lawn service trailer (not the 10' trailers behind F150s) I see most Exmark, Scag, JD and a few BobCat. Honestly I don't see anything at the BOX stores I'll even give a wink at. I've a near 20 year old Cub rider that has been a trouper but have not intentions of another.
I recently had a gentleman approach me at the local HD, he was interested in a Zero turn and was comparing the CC and JD that was in stock. I wished him the best and suggested a visit to several of the local dealers to obtain a much better product. I don't need anyones junk right off the trailer, anything that has flat or no bearings in the front axle qualifies as JUNK...