B&S on a DC silver eagle wiring & misc help

Preston1977

Forum Newbie
Threads
I’ve done some searching on here and I’m at a point to where I’m kinda stuck. I have a 2008 Dixie Chopper Silver Eagle SE that I just bought and restored. It had a 27hp Generac that grenaded on the guy I bought it from. I’ve replaced it with a 27hp commercial series Briggs & Stratton. At the back of the mower where the Generac used to plug in I’ve figured out the ignition wire that goes to an external starter relay, and a ground that I’ll have to use to shut the B&S off at the coil. On the B&S there are 3 wires in a plug, grey, red & black. I don’t know what to do with those 3 wires.
My other dilemma is this mower was a parts mower for someone and there was a lot of stuff torn off of it, it sat up outside for the last 8 years and no one remembers anything about it. I need help with the size bolt that goes in the shaft on the B&S

Last edited:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
What is the model number of the Briggs motor you put on it, it should be stamped onto the valve cover

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hope you survived the storm.
The grey should go battery voltage with the ignition turned on
If so it goes the solenoid on the carburettor .

The black should be open circuit to ground with the ignition turned on & ground when the ignition is turned off and if that is the case it goes to the magneto .
The red will be battery voltage and goes to the rectifier

Preston1977

Forum Newbie
Threads
For the most part we did, it’s all minor stuff but a lot of minor stuff.

Thank you for the reply on the B&S lol. I’m going to hop back on it tomorrow afternoon once Dr CrossFit gets home and I get relieved of dad duty.

Preston1977

Forum Newbie
Threads
Another question I had, that little piece in the pic below was flopping around in what was left of the box the motor was shipped in. What is it for?

Attachments

• 2C644D90-D015-4188-94A6-B6CF5701041B.jpeg
    2C644D90-D015-4188-94A6-B6CF5701041B.jpeg
    29.5 KB · Views: 9