Ariens classic 21

tcpuccio1

Threads
this one is kind of the same thing when it breaks you screwing the puch looking for parts around me all the dealers are in Canada

Joed756

Threads
with these "off" brand mowers they look impressive but down the line getting parts is gonna be an issue, I think. I can still get parts for my 16 year old Areins. Hell I could build my own brand new mower but would cost me twice as much as a new one. If they still built them, I would buy one in a heartbeat or the Gravley brother
The Sarlo mowers that I linked are not "off" brand. With normal maintenance they will outlast you.

tcpuccio1

Threads
they have direct drive models listed but they look like push mowers with high wheels unless the licks on the sire are jacked up? Looked into snapper they don't make one that is rear bagging they have an attachment for a 21 commercial unit that is another $150 over the price of the machine.... that looks like the Ariens drive as mentioned in the thread.

tcpuccio1

Threads
I looked at the site and I wasn't impressed for use at home. Still looking around if anyone else has suggestions please let me know I still have 2' of snow in my front lawn so it's gonna be a while before I fire up a lawnmowers again. still using my fire breathing Ariens Snowblower :)

travelman401

Forum Newbie
Threads
I also am a loyal Ariens/Gravely owner also a selling dealer 1972 till 1990, present day still operating 1 man parts and repair shop,I bought a new Model 911194 in 2015 for use in 3 yards for widows at my church. Kawasaki FJ 180 engine with oil filter, swivel wheels up front (also fixed front wheel kit) bagger, side discharge chute, mulch chute, part #71103200 optional rear discharge chute and bought as a spare very expensive complete self propel assembly, have new and used extra blades extra new self propel cable, retired from mowing 3 yards in October 2020, mower seen no use except for regular starts with fresh non-ethanol gas I am willing to sell as a package with everything I have in stock

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Really? They still have an active web presence.
Joed
A web page is just a bunch of electrons twisted into a pattern on a hard drive in a computer sitting in a server station and had zero relevance to reality.
It will stay there forever until it is written over.
If it resides on the Domain Name Servers , server then it will stay up forever untill activly remover.
If it is on a secondary service provider then the BSN link will be removed when the domain name registration expires.
Thus a web page means nothing.
paypal just refunded me the money I sent to DC spares in HK for the last 2 orders.
Their web site is there.
You can go and place orders .
You can register as a member
But there is nothing on the other end but a virtual shop on an external server .
An unbelievably large amount of money is stolen every year by criminals who set up virtual shops selling products that never existed or they just don't have .
The money gets shifted to a bank account where it can not be recovered from then eventually when enough people ( or the right people) get scammed one of the international police forces will order the host to remove the site and remove the Domain name from the DNS.
When the money stops coming in the criminals change the bogus company name and relist it .
I am organizing an event for latter this year which we host on a 4 year rotation.
Of the 300 clubs we invited more than 1/2 of them no longer exist but at least 1/3 of those that no longer exist still have active web sites .

If you had read my posts objectively you would see I reguarly warn people that the "Well Established Large Company" they think they are buying from on ebay / amazon is just a computer in a public toilett where the owner can get free wi-fi.
The last warehouse I was involved in rented pallet spaces & did despatching for these shysters through a space broker
We would pick the goods , add an invoice to the packing slip then despatch the goods.
The same product was regularly despatched under several different company names , at different prices .
Each invoice had links to the supposed factory but when you checked the addresses visually the factory image was nothing like the image on the invoices and often was a vacant lot, car park, railway station etc .
And more than one of them tryed to avoid paying their rent & despatch fees once the volume of goods remaining became low .
A lot of them were in plain white boxes so for a slightly higher fee we would print out anything from a simple name tag to a full wrap depending upon what we were sent , going as far as sticking a product lable on the goods themselves .
And we were just one of hundreds of small warehouses who were doing the exact same thing.
The internet is full of liers & thieves and companies like Amazon & ebay are happily assisting them just so long as they get their cut they do not care about who is defrauded along the way .
If I did the same thing from a shop front, I would be looking at 5 to 20 years .

Joed756

Threads
Joed
A web page is just a bunch of electrons twisted into a pattern on a hard drive in a computer sitting in a server station and had zero relevance to reality.
It will stay there forever until it is written over.
If it resides on the Domain Name Servers , server then it will stay up forever untill activly remover.
If it is on a secondary service provider then the BSN link will be removed when the domain name registration expires.
Thus a web page means nothing.
paypal just refunded me the money I sent to DC spares in HK for the last 2 orders.
Their web site is there.
You can go and place orders .
You can register as a member
But there is nothing on the other end but a virtual shop on an external server .
An unbelievably large amount of money is stolen every year by criminals who set up virtual shops selling products that never existed or they just don't have .
The money gets shifted to a bank account where it can not be recovered from then eventually when enough people ( or the right people) get scammed one of the international police forces will order the host to remove the site and remove the Domain name from the DNS.
When the money stops coming in the criminals change the bogus company name and relist it .
I am organizing an event for latter this year which we host on a 4 year rotation.
Of the 300 clubs we invited more than 1/2 of them no longer exist but at least 1/3 of those that no longer exist still have active web sites .

If you had read my posts objectively you would see I reguarly warn people that the "Well Established Large Company" they think they are buying from on ebay / amazon is just a computer in a public toilett where the owner can get free wi-fi.
The last warehouse I was involved in rented pallet spaces & did despatching for these shysters through a space broker
We would pick the goods , add an invoice to the packing slip then despatch the goods.
The same product was regularly despatched under several different company names , at different prices .
Each invoice had links to the supposed factory but when you checked the addresses visually the factory image was nothing like the image on the invoices and often was a vacant lot, car park, railway station etc .
And more than one of them tryed to avoid paying their rent & despatch fees once the volume of goods remaining became low .
A lot of them were in plain white boxes so for a slightly higher fee we would print out anything from a simple name tag to a full wrap depending upon what we were sent , going as far as sticking a product lable on the goods themselves .
And we were just one of hundreds of small warehouses who were doing the exact same thing.
The internet is full of liers & thieves and companies like Amazon & ebay are happily assisting them just so long as they get their cut they do not care about who is defrauded along the way .
If I did the same thing from a shop front, I would be looking at 5 to 20 years .
As a youth I worked in a small factory making off-set ratcheting screw-drivers. The last stage was stamping them with one of quite a few different names, including Craftsman.