Ariens classic 21

tcpuccio1

Threads
Hey guys/gals first post here.
I am a diehard Ariens owner have a mower and snowblower love both of them.
I have a 21" LM classic with a Kawasaki engine on it I bought it in 2006 I love this machine but it's getting long in the tooth runs strong but it's tired... The new Razor models IMO are junk from the deck/wheels to the Chinese engines. I know Gravley had the same machine just red in color and a better warranty?? I'm kind of kicking around the idea of getting a new machine in the spring but can't bring myself to buy a razor machine! I don't know why they stopped building the LM classic it was a great machine... Looking at options to replace it. I have replaced just about every part on the machine over the past 16 years and don't want to spend any more $ to keep the old girl going... I can't bring myself to go electric they all seem to be junk/cheaply made and expensive. from off brand like Atlas to name brand like Ego and Milwaukee will have a new one in the spring. If Ariens still made the classic I would buy one regardless of the price.! was looking in the fall at a Honda with a composite plastic deck. I have some other outdoor power equipment with Honda engines, and they all run strong! ! so looking for idea's and opinions... Thanks in advance ....:cool:

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
There aren’t many mowers in the same class as the old Ariens 21 Classic. The Snapper Ninja Commercial is one that comes to mind. The Toro Timemaster is another. Honda makes a commercial 21” mower.

tcpuccio1

Threads
thx for the input looking for a machine like I have in terms of function, Bag/mulch/side discharge.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads

Last edited:

tcpuccio1

Threads
Thank you never heard of Exmark before too bad they are made by Toro Not a fan of their homeowner grade of equipment but that is kind of exactly what I'm looking for and the price doesn't faze me at all if it is indeed good equipment. I have a small yard in the middle of suburbia don't need anything wider then 21"

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thank you never heard of Exmark before too bad they are made by Toro Not a fan of their homeowner grade of equipment but that is kind of exactly what I'm looking for and the price doesn't faze me at all if it is indeed good equipment. I have a small yard in the middle of suburbia don't need anything wider then 21"
Yeah, the residential stuff isn’t all that great. The drive system is their biggest problem. Snapper has the best drive system. It’s very similar to your old Ariens. In fact, I looked at the Ariens Classic 21 before buying a Snapper Ninja Commercial.

tcpuccio1

Threads
with these "off" brand mowers they look impressive but down the line getting parts is gonna be an issue, I think. I can still get parts for my 16 year old Areins. Hell I could build my own brand new mower but would cost me twice as much as a new one. If they still built them, I would buy one in a heartbeat or the Gravley brother