Mower deck Anyone still have a Honda H4518HSA?

paulce59@hotmail.com

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi

I have the Honda 4518 with belt problem, do you know the part # for the tension arm I need to replace. Also where is the B105 belt sold. Thank you very much.

I use a B105 that is made by Gates. I purchased from Transmission Fluid Equipment in Fort Wayne, IN. The belt on the mower deck is a B101 Gates.

paulce59@hotmail.com

Forum Newbie
Threads
I purchased a Honda H4518 riding mower in 1996 - been a great engine and transmission
The problem is the cutting deck belt drive system

Anyone out there have one of these machines and want to discuss the issue

Sure could use some suggestions

Yes. I have rebuilt my more deck and PTO clutch. I "split" the pulley's and replaced the bearings and saved a ton of money. Did the same with the clutch. Clutch material was fine. Drilled the rivets out and pressed a new bearing in unit. Bearing was $16. The complete assembly new was over $300. I bolted the pulley's and this assembly back together using 5/16x1/2 & 3/4 allen head bolts. Use loctite on the bolts. E-mail me if you have questions.

chanstine

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good to see others still have this old machine
Do you have the factory shop manual - if not I would be happy to email you a PDF file of the shop manual - attached is a page outlining the PTO system
Yes parts are still available but not at your local Honda dealer
Try; Jacks small engines, Boats.net, Pats small engines, etc they all have parts for these machines

Good luck

I just picked a 4518 yesterday. It had been sitting in my bosses barn for 5 years he said if I get running its mine. So I took it home put a new battery in it and it stated right up. I rolled my yard with it yesterday. It does have a slight miss and I am getting some oil in the air cleaner. I know it needs new spark plugs and not sure about the oil issue. I would realy appreciate the .pdf shop manual, and any other advice; I know very little about this tractor.

shifter

Forum Newbie
Threads
yes I do and I'm looking for a repair manual, can anyone help me with this?
Thanks Shifter

cokumura

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good to see others still have this old machine
Do you have the factory shop manual - if not I would be happy to email you a PDF file of the shop manual - attached is a page outlining the PTO system
Yes parts are still available but not at your local Honda dealer
Try; Jacks small engines, Boats.net, Pats small engines, etc they all have parts for these machines

Good luck

could you please e-mail me a pdf file of the shop manual also. Thank you.

KJINTF

Threads
Hi guys

The only manual in pdf format I have is the 4514 which is very similiar to the 4518
Only a paper copy of the 4518
The pdf file for the 4514 is 4.7m this web site limits the max size posted to 3.6m
Send me a PM with your email address and I will send the PDF your way

Ken

Angelo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi guys

The only manual in pdf format I have is the 4514 which is very similiar to the 4518
Only a paper copy of the 4518
The pdf file for the 4514 is 4.7m this web site limits the max size posted to 3.6m
Send me a PM with your email address and I will send the PDF your way

Ken

Would anyone know the toque mesurments for the special bolt on a 4518 pto assembly, I also removed the 6 bolts on the pto shaft and the 3 bolts for the brake plate if you have those mesurements as well,

Angelo

Forum Newbie
Threads
KJINTF the comment about it being a billgoat is so true, we have chains on the rear tires, it goes up hills I thought would be impossible. It would never make it up some of the hills I do without the chains but the chains are mostly for the winter, we have the snow thrower attachment that does the 300 foot driveway in less than 20min. we also have the extra weight attachment in the back to help keep it on the ground, I'll try to get a photo in of it on top of one of the hills it climbs once the fan is back on. $52 for the fan, it should be here in a few days.

I think I may have a leak at the radiator hose connection that may have caused it to over heat. When I first got the tractor I new nothing about it and it was overheating after about 1.5 hrs of running it in the heat, turned out the rad was packed with dirt and the fellow who owned it bent the fins try ing to clean it I guess, I spent hrs. bending them back and cleaning it, and that was the end of that problem.

So I'm suprised that the fan would melt without the engine overheating warning signal coming on, that kinda makes me think it was just the center bolt that came loose. There are 3 other small bolts that are supporting the fan in some way. They have a sleve on them about 1/4 " long. I didn't notice till I took all 3 off but one of the 3 bolts is shorter, does anyone know how to identify where it goes?

Took a while but this is from last summer, it feels a lot steeper going up but it does it with no slipping or ripping up the grass. The culverts you see are about 7 or 8' tall.
IMG_7949.JPG