Ants

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thank you ;) That sounds interesting but looks like the active ingredient is just borax. Diatomaceous earth is pretty good too for indoors and its non toxic. Lucky if you don't have fire ants. Vicious little bastards they are.

Just borax?

It is very effective...try it. It costs under 5 bucks. Last time I bought it, I spent 2 dollars and I still have 90% of it.
You only need few drops in the right place and your done.

I've got fire ants out the yang. I can't tell you how to get rid of them.
Fire ants are something you learn to live with.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just borax? It is very effective...try it. It costs under 5 bucks. Last time I bought it, I spent 2 dollars and I still have 90% of it. You only need few drops in the right place and your done. I've got fire ants out the yang. I can't tell you how to get rid of them. Fire ants are something you learn to live with.

Fire ants are everywhere.
Best way to get them gone is take a cup full of ants from one hill and put them on another hill. Do this a few days and they will be gone. They kill each off.

possum

Threads
Never underestimate Terro. Hot Shot brand has a large Tube of paste bait that is very good as well. Spectracide lawn bug treatment spread around the house every month helps a great deal. Any trees in the yard need to be treated, any piles of brush, limbs, firewood treated or removed. Any limbs that come close to your roof should be trimmed back. Gutters should be checked top and bottom for pathways. The drip edge should be checked for pathways. The metal vents for the furnace through the roof should be checked for pathways. Look for any birds anting themselves on your roof, flashings, gutters, trees etc. If they are anting then that is where the ants you are missing are. Once in the house it is hard to get rid of them with anything other than baits. Domyownpestcontrol has extensive ant control kits for homeowners. They are very good.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Look for any birds anting themselves

I guess I never heard of this? Are they eating ants?