Another local power equipment business shuts down

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
I stopped to buy some Stihl oil and was shocked to see their showroom almost empty, not a good sign in April and no Stihl oil!
I have known the owner/operator for many years and having been a mech and service manager at several businesses over the years, I have chatted "shop talk" with him.
About 7 years ago I carefully brought up the subject of service turnaround time with him and he firmly assured me that their turnaround time was in line with other local servicing dealers, of course I knew better and I did this after my neighbor asked me if a 12 week service turnaround on a machine was normal.
His long time service manager was crass and nasty with many folk and foul language was his norm regardless of the customer, not the attributes of a good service manager by any means.
Other local power equipment dealers are busy and thriving!! Life goes on!!
Mad Mackie in CT:smile::biggrin::laughing:

Lrobby99

Threads
  • / Another local power equipment business shuts down
From the title, I thought you were going to say the Big Box stores had driven a good dealership out of business. Not the case, I guess.

FourtyCaliber

Threads
We just had one here in Toledo, Ohio shut down, too. Called "Small Engine Repair". It's been around for as long as I can remember, probably like 40 or 50 years. I always got my parts from them. But, I do all my repairs myself, so they never got any of that business from me. But, they were always busy. There were tons of repairs on the floor waiting for repair or waiting for people to pick them up every time I was in there. It's really a shame. I think they had a lot of commercial accounts that they took care of, too.