Alternate uses for Leaf Blowers

Threads
The leaf blower was invented by Dom Quinto in the late 1950s. It was originally introduced to the United States as part of an agricultural chemical sprayer. Shortly thereafter manufacturers discovered that many consumers were removing the chemical dispensing parts from the device, leaving only the blower behind.

Interesting! :rolleyes:

Threads
I didnt read every post, and someone else may have mentioned this one already but I use mine to blow off the mower deck, and blow all the grass, and debris out of the building where I store the equipment. I use it to blow out gutters too it works pretty good for that. I know one lady who tried too use a blower in her house instead of a broom it didnt work out to well.:laughing:

DaveTN

Threads
My neighbor uses his to move anything from his driveway to my yard. Saw dust, dirt, leaves, stick, branches, trash... You name it and the jackass will blow it. :confused2:

One good turn deserves another says I. Blow your clippings, sawdust (even if you have to haul some in), your riding mower deck etc. and blow it back across. I had a neighbor throw two Japanese beetle traps , full of course, over into my field. I picked them up, put a rock in the bottom of each and tossed them into the deep end of his pool. He never threw any more back over on me! Dave

Threads
One good turn deserves another says I. Blow your clippings, sawdust (even if you have to haul some in), your riding mower deck etc. and blow it back across. I had a neighbor throw two Japanese beetle traps , full of course, over into my field. I picked them up, put a rock in the bottom of each and tossed them into the deep end of his pool. He never threw any more back over on me! Dave

:thumbsup:

metz12

Threads
I also just thought of this. if i cut wood on somebodies lawn i blow the saw dust into the woods. i also talked my carpentry teachers at school to get a $30 electric blower for the shop. we not open up the big garage doors and just blow all the dust outside. then we blow that into the parking lot and let the janitors deal with it:laughing::thumbsup:

Bullseye

Threads
About the best use I ever saw for a leaf blower was when I was camping with my son. It was a cub scout event where we got to tent camp on the outfield of a local minor league baseball field.

The next morning they woke us all up at 6:30 am by using about a gajillion leaf blowers to blow all the trash out from under the stadium seats. The racket ensured that we were all awake and gone by 7:30!

I cut my wife's and daughters' hair outside. I use a small electric one to remove all the clippings from their faces, necks and clothing.

In my shop I use it to blast sawdust off of light fixtures and tools. I blow out electric motors to remove dust.

Jcg1112

Threads
Tonight was parking the car and truck in the pole barn. Heard rattling around above in the rafters where some stuff is stored. I looked up and see a bird. It had been in there since the day before when I was last in the barn. Fired up the blower and stood in the truck bed and guided it down. It tired out and landed in a five gal bucket. I covered the bucket and brought it out and let it fly away.