ALL YOU LAWN CARE BUSINESS PEOPLE OUT THERE: DO YOU WEAR EAR PROTECTION?

graydog

Threads
  • / ALL YOU LAWN CARE BUSINESS PEOPLE OUT THERE: DO YOU WEAR EAR PROTECTION?
We require every single employee to wear ear and eye protection at all times when using any equipment.

What about the married ones?
:laughing:

graydog

Threads
REMEMBER, I'M 66
FRANK

What's age 66 got to do with it? I am 76 and still do not want to lose the rest of my hearing. I lost about 20% in my left ear by driving a fire engine with no ear protection and the window down most of the time. All firefighters are required to wear ear protection while enroute now.

Crawdad

Threads
Eye protection- My rule is, If you, or anyone near you is running any machine, wear it.
Ear protection-Same as above.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
So with your years of experience tell us why do MOST people take the guard off?

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

You don't need years of experience to know the reason that so many take off there guards. It comes down to weight, less weight means less work to use the machine. Plus it makes the machine more maneuverable or easier to use if you prefer.

Threads
You don't need years of experience to know the reason that so many take off there guards. It comes down to weight, less weight means less work to use the machine. Plus it makes the machine more maneuverable or easier to use if you prefer.

Personally I will never take the guard off. Once I had a rock hit the guard and make a small (few millimeter hole) in the guard. If tha guard wasn't there to slow down the rock, I might be reading this post with ONE eye!

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Personally I will never take the guard off. Once I had a rock hit the guard and make a small (few millimeter hole) in the guard. If tha guard wasn't there to slow down the rock, I might be reading this post with ONE eye!

Can i ask how you use your trimmer? to the front, the side or back?

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
HI to you all.
Here is what I did many years ago to make my mower run as quiet as a sewing machine.The machine was a very old Hayterett with a 3 HP briggs and stratton engine.First I had to identify where the noise was coming from.Most of the noise was from the exhaust and the rest was general mechanical noise.Here is what I did.First I dismantled the engine and reprofiled the exhaust cam to give a much slower lift allowing the products of combustion to escape slower.I then connected the muffler outlet to discharge under the mower deck.Next was the problem of mechinical noise.There is a product on the market called Barofoam,this is a product to attenuate noise and is used in the Air conditioning industry to line the inside of ducting.With this product I lined the outside of the blower housing and the complete top of the mower deck and like I said it runs just like a sewing machine.No more ear plugs for me now.

Mowermec, please post a video of your mower running in the thread Working Mowers Showcase if possible. I would love to hear or should I say not hear how quite it is. i am very interested in noise reduction. Thanks for your post.:thumbsup:

Threads
Mowermec, please post a video of your mower running in the thread Working Mowers Showcase if possible. I would love to hear or should I say not hear how quite it is. i am very interested in noise reduction. Thanks for your post.:thumbsup:

Yeah, I would like to "hear" it also. Some people in our neighborhood have electric mowers and all you hear is the grass being cut or the leaves being cut up.....I wish they would make mowers that were that quite, had a good cut, and never ran out of battery! :laughing: