Advance Auto Parts (warning)

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
And one probably the Supervisor and the other the manager and both man haters.
The girls were nice enough, just not well versed in automotive parts. I was the only person in the store so I took the time to show them how to read a tape measure and how to read a digital vernier caliper plus some stuff about different kinds if bearings. They thanked me.

Last edited:

Lawn Addict
Threads
Our local Napa has knowledgeable staff that has been there since I moved up here in 2006.

Advance is just a block closer. But now I'll only dump my used oils there..

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
O'Reillys is my go to,
I've been in a advance 1 time in the last 2 or 3 years and that was to get a Mopar oil filter that Oreillys didn't have in stock, and i didn't want to drive to Dodge across town.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I get certainly things from O'Reillys. No problems.

Well got my new AGM Napa battery installed in my panel truck.. Very pleased.

Advance Auto higher ups (Corporate) want to see pics of the date code in 2015, purchase receipt, & entire battery...
So they will have all that in a few days.

Anyhow, seems there are only about 3 battery mfgrs left in the US, tiko. So many are the same, just different labels for other supply houses.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I get certainly things from O'Reillys. No problems.

Well got my new AGM Napa battery installed in my panel truck.. Very pleased.

Advance Auto higher ups (Corporate) want to see pics of the date code in 2015, purchase receipt, & entire battery...
So they will have all that in a few days.

Anyhow, seems there are only about 3 battery mfgrs left in the US, tiko. So many are the same, just different labels for other supply houses.
Johnson Controls is the largest of them

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Johnson Controls is the largest of them
The upside to your battery issue with Advanced Auto is that you got 8 years of life out of a battery, which is phenomenal.
Do business with Auto Zone, O’Reillys, and Tractor Supply. Overall pretty happy with service and parts.

Lawn Addict
Threads
East Penn Manufacturing is also a very large one in Penna..

The upside to your battery issue with Advanced Auto is that you got 8 years of life out of a battery, which is phenomenal.
I wouldn't complain, but the 1st 3 years the battery was on their store shelf. I only had it 5 years.

That Sux.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
The girls were nice enough, just not well versed in automotive parts. I was the only person in the store so I took the time to show them how to read a tape measure and how to read a digital vernier caliper plus some stuff about different kinds if bearings. They thanked me.
My parts store is better than your parts store

KM Richards

Threads
Seems Advance just re-labeled a 3 year old battery & sold it to me as NEW in 2018

I'd never buy a batter that does not have the manufacture's date of production label on it.