Advance Auto Parts (warning)

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bought a new Battery from Advance 5 years ago for my truck, And every couple years, I check / test the batteries around here. Anyhow voltage was fine, but amps were low. So working on getting the semi-sealed lid off to see if it needed water, the top decal lifts exposing another decal from Carquest, which Advance bought out back around 2014. And a made in date from 2015 on my battery.

Seems Advance just re-labeled a 3 year old battery & sold it to me as NEW in 2018.. Talked to store Mgr, & nothing.. He wasn't even working there then.. I'm no longer using them...

And working on talking to corporate about this.

Just FYI to others...

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I quit shopping at advance 20 years ago when I got a remanufactured blower motor that was dead on arrival and they wouldn't exchange it and acted like I was trying to scam them.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I quit Advance as they kept losing my sales tax exemption certificate. And the last time two years ago they charged sales tx and refused to refund it. Oh well someone else is now getting the 3-5K in sales. I am also problems with O'reilly's getting them to set up my account properly They keep accepting my certificate but I am having to carry a copy in everytime. I have started using RockAuto a lot.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am setup tax free at o'riley and I get the mechanics discount.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I am setup tax free at o'riley and I get the mechanics discount.
Matbe I should try a different O'Reilly's as the one going is a bunch of idiots. When they a customer tells he needs a new brake master cylinder because its filters are clogged. Never seen filter in any bidirectional master cylinder.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I talked to the manager and he gave me a form to fill out about my business and my EIN and a business card. He sent that to corporate and a week later I am in the computer. I don't get a register receipt I get one off a printer with my info on it.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I talked to the manager and he gave me a form to fill out about my business and my EIN and a business card. He sent that to corporate and a week later I am in the computer. I don't get a register receipt I get one off a printer with my info on it.
Yes thatis what I done but someone keep dropping. I am on the third try now if that don't work I quit them. Maybe they can't handle a sole propriety business setup as my EIN is my SS#.

Forest#2

Threads
I've seen lots of what is suppose to be new parts from O'Reillys that parts manufacturer in the box in not same as on the box label. (and some look like used parts that have been returned)
I keep a heads up at O'Reilly's stores. I've also noticed that some of the employees do not know the difference between and carb and a lug nut.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
They have a high turnover rate and are usually fairly knowledgeable. Unlike the NAPA with the 2 girls working there that didn't know what a tapered roller bearing was and didn't know how to read a tape measure or a digital caliper.

Forest#2

Threads
They have a high turnover rate and are usually fairly knowledgeable. Unlike the NAPA with the 2 girls working there that didn't know what a tapered roller bearing was and didn't know how to read a tape measure or a digital caliper.

And one probably the Supervisor and the other the manager and both man haters.

Napa Know How is their slogan.
I asked for gallon of Automotive antifreeze at Napa and the salesman asked me what color coolant is in the radiator now. I said Orange.
He brought me a one gallon jug of pink/orange RV anti-freeze.

Moral of story: Keep a constant heads up when dealing with parts sales now days.

Last edited: