Accessing Pulley on HRR2169VKA

lazydaze

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all, I'm new to this forum and have an issue with my HRR216VKA. I've slipped the belt for the SP and can see it loose laying on the small pulley below the deck. All the YouTube videos demonstrate removal of a METAL debris plate for access - unfortunately the metal plate they show is NOT what I have. I have a rust resistant (plastic?) shield that covers about 1/3 of the rear underside extending over the top of the rear axle and possibly into the grass discharge chute. I removed 2ea screws from the underside (near the blade); 1ea screw from each rear side (after swiveling the wheels up; and one screw from near the grass discharge chute (under the cover). Although the debris shield is *looser*, it still is held somewhere, possibly near the grass discharge chute. No parts, including blades, have been removed from the mower.

Any idea where the magical fastener(s) might be and how to access them? Thanks, and Happy Fourth!!

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Google Honda parts nation for illustrated parts breakdown after locating your mower, see if this helps.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello all, I'm new to this forum and have an issue with my HRR216VKA. I've slipped the belt for the SP and can see it loose laying on the small pulley below the deck. All the YouTube videos demonstrate removal of a METAL debris plate for access - unfortunately the metal plate they show is NOT what I have. I have a rust resistant (plastic?) shield that covers about 1/3 of the rear underside extending over the top of the rear axle and possibly into the grass discharge chute. I removed 2ea screws from the underside (near the blade); 1ea screw from each rear side (after swiveling the wheels up; and one screw from near the grass discharge chute (under the cover). Although the debris shield is *looser*, it still is held somewhere, possibly near the grass discharge chute. No parts, including blades, have been removed from the mower.

Any idea where the magical fastener(s) might be and how to access them? Thanks, and Happy Fourth!!

How about some photos?

Are you trying to remove the belt, install the belt or what? Is is loose around the engine crankshaft or input pulley on the transmission?

FYI, the belt is a bit "loose" in its normal state for the HRR2169VKA. Turning the smartdrive control tightens it around the two pulleys to increase drive speed.