42" Timecutter (75742) blade torque

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Shop Made Blade Blockers

Being
an old farm boy on a budget and a long way from the city life , i tend to make do with i have available . Building a rectangle box about 2" X 3 " inside measurements and approx. 1 ft long using 1/4" plywood works .

An alternative shop made is a 1 ft. piece of 3" thin wall PVC pipe , heat the sides to around 180°F then compress into an ellipse .

I wouldn't put a impact on my worst enemies bolt and i don't even own one , much less need one .

apg1979

Threads
By using the middle of road approach on torque setting also can account the fact that most torque wrenches are within the range of +- 3 %; unless, they are like the HFT that I am returning. One is off a whole lot more as the scales don't even align up properly. One of them if I say set it at 20 ft/lbs marks it is either 15 or 25 ft/lbs which makes it useless a precision tool.
cool yup that was my thought to to split the difference to play it safe. its not an issue getting the torque wrench to 70 but it just feels like i'm pushing it a lot past when its hand tight w/ the normal socket wrench . i know thats normal though

apg1979

Threads
Shop Made Blade Blockers

Being
an old farm boy on a budget and a long way from the city life , i tend to make do with i have available . Building a rectangle box about 2" X 3 " inside measurements and approx. 1 ft long using 1/4" plywood works .

An alternative shop made is a 1 ft. piece of 3" thin wall PVC pipe , heat the sides to around 180°F then compress into an ellipse .

I wouldn't put a impact on my worst enemies bolt and i don't even own one , much less need one .
i'm with ya there! i'm big on seeing what i can do with materials that I have here. I like the idea of using some sort of block/clamp on the blade (like the one i ended up buying) and using the torque wrench so i have that feel when it hits that limit. that is partially due to my limited exposure to using an impact wrench too

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
By using the middle of road approach on torque setting also can account the fact that most torque wrenches are within the range of +- 3 %; unless, they are like the HFT that I am returning. One is off a whole lot more as the scales don't even align up properly. One of them if I say set it at 20 ft/lbs marks it is either 15 or 25 ft/lbs which makes it useless a precision tool.
if you can find a good old American made clicker that no longer clicks, they are pretty inexpensive at that point, like almost free. TeamTorque will clean, use silicone grease in them, and check against a standard then send a sheet with it showing what the actual is for a really reasonable price. I've got a couple old ones that are within a pound at almost any setting on their scale. I even had one some other torque wrench service returned to me in a box disassembled after months with a note that it was junk, that TeamTorque fixed and had back to me within a week, and it works perfectly. They are the only place I have found that knows what they are doing with torque wrenches, and their testing equipment can be traced back to the National Standards Lab.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Reported this guy multiple posts, spammer