Repairs 3810 clutch repair

casper1952

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am having to work on the pto clutch on a HT3810 SA that I just bought. My question is, what is the thickness limit on the friction disc. I can't find specs on that yet. I have the serial number (HT3810-5202588) and as near as I can tell this identifies it as being an K2 SA. Can anyone tell me if that is correct? Also, the rubber on the brake assembly is getting pulled apart some, how critical is that, as one of the 4 bolt holes still is very firm and there is more flex in the other 3. I am pretty excited about getting it right, love these honda tractors! Thanks !

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Only a few people on here can answer this question so im bumping it to the top to see if anyone has an idea.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am having to work on the pto clutch on a HT3810 SA that I just bought. My question is, what is the thickness limit on the friction disc. I can't find specs on that yet. I have the serial number (HT3810-5202588) and as near as I can tell this identifies it as being an K2 SA. Can anyone tell me if that is correct? Also, the rubber on the brake assembly is getting pulled apart some, how critical is that, as one of the 4 bolt holes still is very firm and there is more flex in the other 3. I am pretty excited about getting it right, love these honda tractors! Thanks !

There is an extensive tear-down, inspection, measurement, and shim selection procedure for the PTO clutch in the factory shop manual (four pages worth).

The shop manual is worth every nickle when doing this level of work, and the one for the H3810 can be purchased from Honda direct via eBay or Amazon:

Honda Power Equipment Shop Manuals on eBay
Honda Power Equipment Shop Manuals on Amazon

Lots of hard-core Honda tractor fans at this forum:

Honda Forum at [url]www.mytractorforum.com[/URL]