30" Walk behind.

mowerman05

Threads
wish you a lot of luck with the drive system. dealer would not sell me one because he didn't want to get it back after the drive went out. went to the exmark 30, so far no problems. works good on ditchbanks as well.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
wish you a lot of luck with the drive system. dealer would not sell me one because he didn't want to get it back after the drive went out. went to the exmark 30, so far no problems. works good on ditchbanks as well.

Buying something like that if you have never owned one is a difficult decision. There are those that brag on it and those that curse it. We are used to running Zero Turns and cutting acres of grass. This type mower is pretty much a new venture for me.
I guess time will tell. For me anyway this one will ride the trailer a lot more than it runs but when we need it we will have it.

I believe that owning a mower like this will give us a level of quality that others in our area do not have. Again time will tell.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Gotta say I really don't like the lines those 30" mowers leave... Just doesn't look as good as a good 21"

mowerman05

Threads
Sounds like you have the know how to maintain and keep on top of things before they go bad. maybe you will get a good one and have zero issues.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't think you'll regret it. I've owned both and the biggest difference I've seen is the Turfmaster is built to stand up to more abuse, or lets say it doesn't need to be handled as carefully as far as everyday trailering and use by people who might not be as careful in handling it as the person who paid for it. The Turfmaster is a lot tougher. Also noticeably heavier and less nimble. And as has been mentioned the FJ180v KAI may be a great engine but it doesn't have the power to make the Turfmaster hands down better than the Timemaster.

I'd have to disagree. The Turf-Master is a lot better mower than the Time-Master especially when used commercially. I really don't know where people get the impression that the Kawasaki KAI engine is under powered. I run the Turf-master everyday and regardless of how high the grass I've never had an issue with it taking it down wet or not. I also run a CC 98H with a 190cc Honda engine and a Briggs 175cc engine, both 21" mowers and the Kawaski puts them both to shame. The big problem with these people who think there under powered is the fact they try manhandling the mower instead of letting the mower do the work as it was designed too.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I picked it up this afternoon. It is definately much faster than my old snapper.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well its been a couple days how is it?

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well its been a couple days how is it?

We used it a few minutes yesterday and it worked great or appeared to. One of my employees ran it but he said it was incredibly better than what we had been using. 4 MPH is incredibly fast compared to the old snapper we have been using.

I personally only ran it for about 5 minutes or less right after I brought it home.

I think it will fill the bill of what we need.

I like the fact that you can run the motor and self propel part and not have the blades engaged. Several times places we go it is 50 to 100 yards from the trailer to where we will cut grass with this mower.

More times than not we won't run a tank of gas a week through this mower. However I think it will give us a level of quality that most other competitors in our area do not seem to have.

I know that 4 MPH and 30" wide is much better than 21" wide and either creeping forward or having to push.