215 Lawn Mower Transmission

scalestick

Threads
Wondering if anyone can tell me what Models of Honda Mower HRM 215 are fitted with Spicer Transmissions The model # is missing all I have is the HRM 215.

dfbrown

Threads
Wondering if anyone can tell me what Models of Honda Mower HRM 215 are fitted with Spicer Transmissions The model # is missing all I have is the HRM 215.

I would contact robert@honda as he works for honda in Georgia and give him your model and serial # off of the mower and he could tell you everything about it like when it was made, sold bought etc etc any recalls, bulletins and things of that nature. He has been very very helpful and we should be LUCKy to have someone from honda take the time to share his thoughts and pick his brain about honda power equipment! He is the man!:thumbsup:

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
The "K3" version of the HRB/HRB215 mowers used a Dana/Spicer transmission. It does not have any internally serviceable parts.

What problems are you having?

scalestick

Threads
The "K3" version of the HRB/HRB215 mowers used a Dana/Spicer transmission. It does not have any internally serviceable parts.

What problems are you having?

When in second gear it skips if I lift the back end the wheel are ok, seems that the shifting arm is not keep the shifter in place . At present I have the transmission apart all is ok inside except the shifter arm is loose even after I tighten the lock nut. For some reason the Honda Garage tell me it is Hydrostatic, it was full off gear grease when I cleaned the unit up
Thanks for you time .
Scalestick

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
When in second gear it skips if I lift the back end the wheel are ok, seems that the shifting arm is not keep the shifter in place . At present I have the transmission apart all is ok inside except the shifter arm is loose even after I tighten the lock nut. For some reason the Honda Garage tell me it is Hydrostatic, it was full off gear grease when I cleaned the unit up
Thanks for you time .
Scalestick

If your shifter has a 1-2 (2-speed) lever, for sure you have a gear-type transmission, NOT a hydrostatic. If you've eliminated all the external issues, and still having trouble with it holding second, it may just be the trans. is worn excessively, and might need replacement. Process of elimination...you might get lucky and find a used one or old matching mower with a shot engine but good transmission. Worst case would be to replace with new, it does come with a warranty. Not cheap, but cheaper than a new mower.

scalestick

Threads
If your shifter has a 1-2 (2-speed) lever, for sure you have a gear-type transmission, NOT a hydrostatic. If you've eliminated all the external issues, and still having trouble with it holding second, it may just be the trans. is worn excessively, and might need replacement. Process of elimination...you might get lucky and find a used one or old matching mower with a shot engine but good transmission. Worst case would be to replace with new, it does come with a warranty. Not cheap, but cheaper than a new mower.

Great thanks for your help going to try a new lever as the travel at the end is scary.
Thanks again.
Scalestick

redmondjp

Threads
The worn rectangular hole on the clutch shaft lever seems to be a weak point on these transaxles that causes either erratic or no clutch engagement. I have this very same issue, and came across a youtube video of a guy who also had this problem. I haven't looked it up yet, but are the levers available as separate replacement parts?

scalestick

Threads
The worn rectangular hole on the clutch shaft lever seems to be a weak point on these transaxles that causes either erratic or no clutch engagement. I have this very same issue, and came across a youtube video of a guy who also had this problem. I haven't looked it up yet, but are the levers available as separate replacement parts?

Try Boats.NET (Boats.net - New and Used Boats for Sale, Outboard Boat Motors, and Discount Outboard Boat Parts) Lake Placid Flordia

scalestick

Threads
Finally received the parts both clutch and shift arm installed new parts replaced the transmission all is working .
Thanks to all for your help
Scalestick:

GAVolunteer

Threads
Finally received the parts both clutch and shift arm installed new parts replaced the transmission all is working. Scalestick:

I was not aware that you could purchase parts for Honda transmissions. What are the part numbers of the parts you purchased and where did you purchase them? Thanks. Robert