21" push mower asistance

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a 21RX1P Snapper push mower. It has the Kawasaki FC150V engine on her. Issue is I can't get the top engine cover off the motor. There are 4 nuts you remove to get the starter recoil assembly off. Three nuts come off easily. The last nut spins on the stud which goes down into the block, out of reach. You guys ran into this one?

slomo

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Can you grab the stud with vice grips or pliers and get a wrench in the nut?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Can you grab the stud with vice grips or pliers and get a wrench in the nut?

Not really, hardly any room to get in there. Don't want to break the plastic engine cover. Can't get parts for most of this engine anymore.

slomo

jp1961

Threads
Hello,

I looked at this engine on Partstree.com. The stud thats spinning looks like it threaded into a sleeve with a bold securing that from the bottom portion of the block. Sort of hard to explain, but I think you have a bolt spinning from the bottom section of the block (it could be obscured with oil/dirt).

Regards

Jeff

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello,

I looked at this engine on Partstree.com. The stud thats spinning looks like it threaded into a sleeve with a bold securing that from the bottom portion of the block. Sort of hard to explain, but I think you have a bolt spinning from the bottom section of the block (it could be obscured with oil/dirt).

Regards

Jeff

I think these four studs screw into the upper part of the block. Then a sleeve and a nut on the top side where the recoil starter is located. https://www.jackssmallengines.com/j...es26-4-stroke-engine-fc150v/cooling-equipment

I've tried gently prying up on the housing while using a corded drill on high speed. Trying to shock the nut loose with speed. No dice at all. That stud seems to just spin. Three nuts came off easy. The last one is a bear.

slomo