2019 Troy Built mower - 09P602 engine model - Plastic Carb - Will not Start

MFlo

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 2019 Troy Built mower - 09P602 engine model - Plastic Carb - Will not Start
Hi Folks, Kinda at my wits end with this one. I have a 2019 Troy built mower, engine model 09P602. I am helping my older neighbor. Been setting up for a year. It would not even fire. Spark tester showed a bad coil which I replaced . It started but would only idle and eventually dies. I replaced the black plastic carburetor (startzeal 799583) figuring it was a mess.
also I have not heard good things about them after setting up for a long period. So, clean gas, new coil, new carb, new plug. I can get it to start but only idle rough and die. I am not sure how all the linkage works for the throttle but that seems to be the only thing I have not touched.

Any ideas?

Bertrrr

Threads
Not familiar with this exact machine but you've made a good start , no doubt the carb needed replacing as well as everything else you've done, I would install new fuel lines / filter if there is one as well, old gas will tend to varnish and stop up all sorts of things dry rot hoses and any other soft goods that sit up for extended periods of time.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please post the model, type and code numbers for the engine. Two different carbs were used, depending on your numbers. Also please post the carb number you purchase and where you purchased it from. FleaBay and Altozon are notorious for wrong or junk parts.

MFlo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you! Here are the pics

Attachments

• Carb_Amazon.jpg
    Carb_Amazon.jpg
    456.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Emission.jpg
    Emission.jpg
    926.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Model.jpg
    Model.jpg
    1,001.8 KB · Views: 20

MFlo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Not familiar with this exact machine but you've made a good start , no doubt the carb needed replacing as well as everything else you've done, I would install new fuel lines / filter if there is one as well, old gas will tend to varnish and stop up all sorts of things dry rot hoses and any other soft goods that sit up for extended periods of time.
Thanks! I will replace the fuel line as well. I think I will add a valve so she can easily drain the tank in the winter.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Looks like you have the correct carb, but being purchased on Altozon at $18.00 I wouldn’t bet a nickel it is not faulty. OEM carb runs around $55.00.

MFlo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks so much for your help. I'll order an OEM

Bertrrr

Threads
I can't count the number of carbs I got off Amazon - have not ran across a bad one yet

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I can't count the number of carbs I got off Amazon - have not ran across a bad one yet
You've been VERY lucky. I'm at about 50/50 on my purchases. Funny one was on the old flat head 3.5hp engines. You know the ones Briggs made about 48 trillion of? On EVERY mower and tiller I could recall when I was a kid, 40 years ago LOL??? I had to mill some aluminum and get the fuel pump to work proper. Probably dull tooling that day when it was made. E-pray strikes again.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
some are good, some are wrong but a lot are rejects bought from the factory as scrap then sold as "OEM" or "fits" but no where do they say "works"
These are usually the very cheap ones , so it depends which ones you are buying
Some vendors retail , Stens, rotary < oregon , or Prime Line parts and these are usually good
It is the unbraned ones in unbranded packaging that are suspect.
If I am making good carbs I want everyone to know so they will buy more from me
If I am selling junk I know does not work then I want to vanish without trace before some one shoots me , so I supply unbranded goods in unbranded packaging because I am squeezing it for every cent & printing a name on a box can add 2¢ to the price .