2019 Troy Built mower - 09P602 engine model - Plastic Carb - Will not Start

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
  • / 2019 Troy Built mower - 09P602 engine model - Plastic Carb - Will not Start
I can't count the number of carbs I got off Amazon - have not ran across a bad one yet
Well I have different luck myself.

Bertrrr

Threads
Yeah guess I've been lucky but with free returns via Amazon it's a risk I'll probably keep dealing with

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
That is the easiest carb there is to fix just take the white center piece out and clean the main jet in the bottom of the carb. If you want to fix it so they don't stop up again order the new main jet assy. They moved the main jet from the bottom to the top.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If you want to fix it so they don't stop up again order the new main jet assy. They moved the main jet from the bottom to the top.
NOPE. Here is the service bulletin on the changes.

1685554869935.png
1685554960248.png

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Star, I’m confused. Looks like this bulletin is for engines use outside the USA? If my memory of past bulletins is any good, this would then NOT APPLY to USA engines

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Actually it does apply. It just one of those things where the typist didn't include the USA. Besides 2017 was a long time ago now. And all the new nozzles I have install are of the new type and type still clog with jelly; just not as bad. I still find jelly beans in these carbs.

Chipg1956

Threads
Hi Folks, Kinda at my wits end with this one. I have a 2019 Troy built mower, engine model 09P602. I am helping my older neighbor. Been setting up for a year. It would not even fire. Spark tester showed a bad coil which I replaced . It started but would only idle and eventually dies. I replaced the black plastic carburetor (startzeal 799583) figuring it was a mess.
also I have not heard good things about them after setting up for a long period. So, clean gas, new coil, new carb, new plug. I can get it to start but only idle rough and die. I am not sure how all the linkage works for the throttle but that seems to be the only thing I have not touched.
That is likely your problem. You probably bent the rod that goes to the carb butterfly and the rod is rubbing on the breather hose. Another problem often caused by the repair person is they bend the rod going to the choke thermostat and it will rub on the engine cover. For further reference, these plastic carbs rarely (if ever) need replacement. The plastic cleans easily and does not corrode.

Catenary Kid

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Folks, Kinda at my wits end with this one. I have a 2019 Troy built mower, engine model 09P602. I am helping my older neighbor. Been setting up for a year. It would not even fire. Spark tester showed a bad coil which I replaced . It started but would only idle and eventually dies. I replaced the black plastic carburetor (startzeal 799583) figuring it was a mess.
also I have not heard good things about them after setting up for a long period. So, clean gas, new coil, new carb, new plug. I can get it to start but only idle rough and die. I am not sure how all the linkage works for the throttle but that seems to be the only thing I have not touched.

Any ideas?

I have a 2016 Poulan with the same carb and the same problems. Every year I would need to disassemble and clean the carb (though there was never anything visibly amiss with it) then it would start and run OK for the year. Let it set for the winter, treated fuel, gumout added, doesn't matter
The carbs IMHO are cheap Chinese plastic crap. I ordered one online, if it solves the problem, good. If not - yard sale
Not worth the BS.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
I have a 2016 Poulan with the same carb and the same problems. Every year I would need to disassemble and clean the carb (though there was never anything visibly amiss with it) then it would start and run OK for the year. Let it set for the winter, treated fuel, gumout added, doesn't matter
The carbs IMHO are cheap Chinese plastic crap. I ordered one online, if it solves the problem, good. If not - yard sale
Not worth the BS.
Most of the aftermarket carburetors I order from Amazon have been plug and play and run great. Exceptions are often Kohler carburetors that run lean and require drilling out pilot jet slightly. These plastic carburetors cannot corrode because they are plastic, easy to clean and service. Install fuel shut off valve and run out most of fuel in carburetor during off season of use, majority of fuel issues solved.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well mostly can't corrode. The brass jets and steel balls can. Here my biggest problem here is the fuel jelly that all seems to have when they come into the shop.