2013 SCAG 48'' Belt Drive Grass Catcher

TBirdEd76

Forum Newbie
Threads
After using Turf Tigers at my part-time job for the last 13 years, I finally bought my own SCAG 48'' belt drive Velocity. What does everyone recommend for a grass catcher? Good experiences? Bad ones? Price and where to buy?

Thanks,
Ed

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
What machine model do you have? Velocity is the cutter deck model not the machine.

TBirdEd76

Forum Newbie
Threads
It is a SW48V-481FS. 48'' belt driven walk behind with the Velocity Plus deck.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't know of a belt driven collection system for a Scag SW48V walk behind machine. Scag shows two hang on the side collection goodies, one is metal the other is fabric.

Threads
I don't know of a belt driven collection system for a Scag SW48V walk behind machine. Scag shows two hang on the side collection goodies, one is metal the other is fabric.

I think he means that the MOWER is belt-driven.

TBirdEd76

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry if I confused anyone, the mower is belt driven and I'm simply looking for a grass catcher, not a collection system. What have you guys used and liked and disliked? Cost and where to buy?

Thanks,
Ed

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
I see many Scag walk behind units on fellow lawn care folks trailers but not many grass catchers. At 4 cubic foot capacity, it will fill up quickly and need to be emptied often. This is OK as long as you can empty nearby or on the customers properties.
I need to use collection at all of my customers places as I don't mow them weekly at their request. I can dispose of the clippings on or nearby their properties. I mow my own place without collection for the most part, but I mow sometimes twice a week particularly early in season. The transfer station in my town and several neighboring towns will not accept grass clippings bagged or otherwise.
Mad Mackie in CT:laughing::biggrin::smile:

TBirdEd76

Forum Newbie
Threads
It would only be used on my lawn, about a third of an acre. I only want it for picking up some leaves this time of year before I'm doing a true fall clean-up. I cut it twice a week early on in the year also, and don't want to bag on a regular mowing.

Threads
It would only be used on my lawn, about a third of an acre. I only want it for picking up some leaves this time of year before I'm doing a true fall clean-up. I cut it twice a week early on in the year also, and don't want to bag on a regular mowing.

I think the biggest thing to remember is that the bag will fill up fairly quickly. But for light use I think either the metal or fabric side grass catcher would work well.