2 stroke fuel lines

Bearrepair

Threads
So just thought id throw something out there to see what people purchase for their fuel line replacements. I started out when i was younger buying stuff off ebay with the little knowledge i had at the time i didnt know better. Cheap fuel lines lead to more replacement later. Almost always they break down either during the season or after in storeage. Oem lines do better obviously but not everyone has local shops that like to just cut off some fuel line and charge you a buck or so for it. So the question for everyone is whats your favorite places to get parts such as fuel lines. Being the beginner topic. Im hopeing to spread the word with good parts places!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Best place I would recommend is your local small engine repair shop. They are not going to install cheap line, unless they are a cheap dealer.

TonyPrin

Threads
I go to repair shops for what they do well but not for stuff like inexpensive parts as I feel I'm wasting their time. You can find quality hoses (including mower gas lines) in Home Depot, Lowes, Tractor Supply, RuralKing, or at your local auto parts store.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Some automotive supplies keep a supply of hose that may be sold by the ft .

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’ve found too many times the sales people at the Big Box store and many auto stores, don’t know the differences between fuel line and vacuum line, or the multiple sizes two stroke fuel in come in.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’ve found too many times the sales people at the Big Box store and many auto stores, don’t know the differences between fuel line and vacuum line, or the multiple sizes two stroke fuel in come in.
I been finding some sales people are such Space Cadets they don't even know how they got to work.

TonyPrin

Threads
I agree, but if someone's seeking advice in a big box store, they're in trouble before they walk in the door.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
So just thought id throw something out there to see what people purchase for their fuel line replacements. I started out when i was younger buying stuff off ebay with the little knowledge i had at the time i didnt know better. Cheap fuel lines lead to more replacement later. Almost always they break down either during the season or after in storeage. Oem lines do better obviously but not everyone has local shops that like to just cut off some fuel line and charge you a buck or so for it. So the question for everyone is whats your favorite places to get parts such as fuel lines. Being the beginner topic. Im hopeing to spread the word with good parts places!

If the fuel line is yellow, and looks like quality Tygon fuel line for handheld equipment, how are you supposed to know if it is good long term as opposed to crappy stuff? Inquiring minds want to know.