1998 Ford explorer V8 awd for lawn care

boston

Threads
And should I get A tranny cooler? The transmission went bad under 150,000 miles and it was completely rebuilt under a year ago. So it basically has a new tranny. Should I get better shocks?

possum

Threads
If it has a tow package the cooler should be on it.

mullins87

Threads
Dang, when I saw the title of this thread I thought you were going to use the Explorer to mow the yard. :laughing:

Threads
Dang, when I saw the title of this thread I thought you were going to use the Explorer to mow the yard. :laughing:

I know...at first glance I thought the same thing!! :laughing::laughing:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
boston said:
And should I get A tranny cooler? The transmission went bad under 150,000 miles and it was completely rebuilt under a year ago. So it basically has a new tranny. Should I get better shocks?

It should have came with one. You need to install one. And I use air shocks on the back and heavy duty on the front. And I run Goodyear tires with 40psi

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

mullins87

Threads
I had visions of a 72" or 84" belly mower or a 3 point hitch finishing mower. I can see it now.....mowing in 100 degree heat with the A/C on or mulching leaves in the fall with a little heat going.

Oh great, now I have all these ideas running through my head......:eek: A Suzuki Sidekick or Geo Tracker as the base. Drive everything hydraulically, including the rear axle. Use a 6' belly mower and two 5' bat wing decks. I guess it's a good thing my project budget is next to non-existant, and what little I do have is tied up in a golf cart project right now.

But I digress and return this thread to its original topic. :thumbsup:

Threads
I had visions of a 72" or 84" belly mower or a 3 point hitch finishing mower. I can see it now.....mowing in 100 degree heat with the A/C on or mulching leaves in the fall with a little heat going.

Oh great, now I have all these ideas running through my head......:eek: A Suzuki Sidekick or Geo Tracker as the base. Drive everything hydraulically, including the rear axle. Use a 6' belly mower and two 5' bat wing decks. I guess it's a good thing my project budget is next to non-existant, and what little I do have is tied up in a golf cart project right now.

But I digress and return this thread to its original topic. :thumbsup:

:laughing::laughing: Oh...what we could do if we had an unlimited amount of money, time, and knowledge! :laughing::laughing:

boston

Threads
I wasn't sure if it had the cooler I guess it does. I think ill install a tranny temp gauge so I don't over heat it

slammed

Threads
Do u think I should get a weight distributing hitch? The underside of the truck is very rusty so I might have to replace the shocks. I know for sure the leaf springs need to be replaced cuz their rusting out

I wasn't sure if it had the cooler I guess it does. I think ill install a tranny temp gauge so I don't over heat it

No on the hitch. Replace the shocks and springs. If it is a automatic it already has a trans cooler built in to the radiator, and the gauge will help if you watch it.

txzrider

Threads
An explorer is not an f150 w/o the bed... it is a ranger w/o the bed. F150 and expeditions I believe are on the same frame. less than 3000 pounds does not sound like alot to pull until you need to stop! Make sure your brakes and tires are in good shape. Also make sure you practice with the trailer. If you are just now getting your license, everything takes longer with a trailer, from crossing intersections to entering the highway onramp. Take care and good luck.