1995 John Deere Sabre plowing/mowing

Threads
I’m 14 years old and have a 1998 John Deere Sabre. I plan on cutting grass during summer and plowing in winter. What plow will fit my model? I think it’s a 1338 gear. Also any other mods or tips I should know. I have cut grass with a push mower and used a shovel but never a ridding mower.

Threads
I also am wondering why my front right wheel has really bad camber and how to fix it.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
First let's start with the model number from the serial number tag.

The guy from the northern states with be of more help on the snow plowing info.

But going from push mower cutting to riding will be a great relief or at least it was when I when from 2 acres with a 22" push mower to a 38" rider. The only problem I had initial was getting use to the riding mower. One the first things I did when I first got the new rider was run smack dab into a tree. I was used to walking and not riding.

Threads
How can I add pictures? When I try to it says the image is too large for the servers to process

Threads
First let's start with the model number from the serial number tag.

The guy from the northern states with be of more help on the snow plowing info.

But going from push mower cutting to riding will be a great relief or at least it was when I when from 2 acres with a 22" push mower to a 38" rider. The only problem I had initial was getting use to the riding mower. One the first things I did when I first got the new rider was run smack dab into a tree. I was used to walking and not riding.
In the top left it says 1338 gear then in the middle it says s/n-*GXSABRA010245* under the barcode says 1995 (I am assuming that’s the year I must have been wrong) 3300 m(then there is a scratch in the sticker)n-1 then 176 kg then 9.7 k something there is the same scratch

also this is manual is that better or worse for plowing? Somewhere I heard if you gently push in the break/clutch pedal you can shift on the go, Is that true?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I don't a blower for the 1996 but a later model may fit.

But your best option is to talk the local JD dealer parts department but being 27 yrs old there may not be a new blade available.

Attachments

• PC2715.pdf
    156.7 KB · Views: 12

Threads
I don't a blower for the 1996 but a later model may fit.

But your best option is to talk the local JD dealer parts department but being 27 yrs old there may not be a new blade available.
What’s the pros and cons of a blower instead of a plow? Wouldn’t the plow be more reliable And cheaper?

MowerNick

Threads
Thats not a bad tractor at all for cutting grass. Im up in New England and i have seen guys have trouble with the transmission in those and it seems its only the ones that plow with them. They seem to hold up better with the snowblower because your not puching the weight rather moving it out of the way.