$ 13 meter for pH, moisture, and light--- seems worth the price

MowerMark

Threads
  • / $ 13 meter for pH, moisture, and light--- seems worth the price
Mosser Lee Soil Master

$12.99 at Lowe's.

LINK: Soil Master

Seems very good for moisture detection. Lawn pH 7.5 - 8.0.

Will do formal soil testing soon.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have one it sucks for ph .. however the moisture and light is handy for telling customers to water more lol

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
A while back I looked hard at home based Ph meters and found the threshold to be about $100 for a decent one. What stopped me was the tricky calibration required.

MowerMark

Threads
They also make a soil testing kit

Yes, but I like the readings !

This company also makes a soil testing kit. Will try it.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I will ask my lawn pro what he uses.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
An odd thing happened after two hours spreading iron sulfate. My tongue swelled and one side looked like a red chili pepper. Scary . I had trouble speaking. So I went on line. The stuff can cause allergic reactions including swelling of throat. The bag said use a face mask which I ignored. No more. (Wife said my no speech problem was not really a problem) :laughing:

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
An odd thing happened after two hours spreading iron sulfate. My tongue swelled and one side looked like a red chili pepper. Scary . I had trouble speaking. So I went on line. The stuff can cause allergic reactions including swelling of throat. The bag said use a face mask which I ignored. No more. (Wife said my no speech problem was not really a problem) :laughing:

You can select a speech problem any time you desire. Practice this on your witty wife. :laughing: And it works re-markedly well during telemarketing calls if you be plagued with them. Fun too, but if you laugh it sure blows your cover.

The Technique: press your tongue tip to your front teeth and keep it there with a little pressure. When answering the phone your " hello " becomes " helwoooow " . I get severely reprimanded when my daughter calls.

MowerMark

Threads

I've used Encap & Ironite with no problems.

Mikel1

Threads
I used to raise fishing worms and monitored ph weekly. I found those cheap soil testers either didn't work, some were inaccurate or they weren't accurate for long. I went to only water ph meters but a decent one is at least $60. Calibrated with solution 7ph and the other solution was 5ph I believe. In Georgia, the extension agency will analyze soil samples for a fee. You may not have something like that in your area though.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I used to raise fishing worms and monitored ph weekly. I found those cheap soil testers either didn't work, some were inaccurate or they weren't accurate for long. I went to only water ph meters but a decent one is at least $60. Calibrated with solution 7ph and the other solution was 5ph I believe. In Georgia, the extension agency will analyze soil samples for a fee. You may not have something like that in your area though.

Ya mine was never accurate it thinks all my lawns are perfect lol. I spread iron all the time no mask never any problems