look what the neighbor drug in my garage/

(Account Closed)

Threads
Ok - I just saw a video on youtube of someone pulling off the flywheel. and low and behold there was the green wire!:). But it was connected to a small plastic rectangle.
I would like to order the whole part including the plastic rectangle if some knows the part number please and thank you to all for all your help,:thumbsup:

Page 61 (in the manual already posted), shows the BRAKE ASSEMBLY (BRAKE pad is INSIDE the flywheel).

The other end of the kill wire connects there, to the square piece.

As long as the engine stops when it should, there's NO reason to replace it. It's a simple piece of plastic and "springy retainer" that holds the wire in place.

When the engine kill bar is released, the mechanism shorts out that wire (killing the ignition, the internal((to the flywheel)) ), is spring loaded, pops out and stops the engine from rotating quickly (for safety).

As noted earlier, if the engine turns off immediately, stops spinning quickly, the mechanism/wire is fine. Don't mess with it, no reason to...

Might degrease the engine before buttoning up...

ice

Threads
Hi to all
The mower does not stop when I release the handle. I have to turn off by mower with the butterfly with my finger on the carb to turn off.
The neighbor said he had a mower like this he said just add a throttle($10.00) control cable. and end this pain. lol
I think I will take the neighbor advice.

Threads
Hi to all
The mower does not stop when I release the handle. I have to turn off by mower with the butterfly with my finger on the carb to turn off.
The neighbor said he had a mower like this he said just add a throttle($10.00) control cable. and end this pain. lol
I think I will take the neighbor advice.

Ice........... NO you cannot just add a throttle cable for 10 bux..... There's more to it than that .... If you release the BAIL handle and it doesn't do anything then there is something wrong with it or the kill wire .....

ICE we have been here with you for your whole progress holding your hand so to say..... So you need to listen to us....

We or most of us have shops and do this for a living.... You need to take off the air shroud and look at the flywheel.... The part listed in the diagram is 191 that is your brake pad and part of your kill mechanism....

You have something wrong with your set up......

Hooking up a throttle is possible but not for ten bux and you still won't have a kill switch......

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

Last edited:

(Account Closed)

Threads
Plus 1 on the above posts. You can't just add a throttle lever W/O other add on parts.
Your set up is very simple, works and really no reason to change it...

*If your the only one using the mower, a suggestion, for a simple "fix / mod".

On my Snapper, self propelled walk behind mower, I removed the safety bar and entire brake assembly-pitched it...

Then, for the coil wire, hooked up to a simple metal, on/off switch and attached to a bracket I made up (attached to where the brake was bolted).

So now, flip the switch on, engine runs, no levers-nothing. That is until you flip the switch OFF.

No re-starting, no handle to hold, much simpler, BUT the safety system is gone (have to remember to keep hands and feet from under a running mower-duh...).

Attachments

• DSCN0041.jpg
    DSCN0041.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCN0042.jpg
    DSCN0042.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 8
Threads
Plus 1 on the above posts. You can't just add a throttle lever W/O other add on parts.

On my Snapper, self propelled walk behind mower, I removed the safety bar and entire brake assembly-pitched it...

Then, for the coil wire, hooked up to a simple metal, on/off switch and attached to a bracket I made up (attached to where the brake was bolted).

So now, flip the switch on, engine runs, no levers-nothing. That is until you flip the switch OFF.

No re-starting, no handle to hold, much simpler, BUT the safety system is gone (have to remember to keep hands and feet from under a running mower-duh...).

I agree with Scott I use switches a lot.... When a customer comes in with a broken cable and wants a switch installed.....

ice

Threads
hi to all-
love donyboy and also taryl fixes all! could not stop laughing! been learning a lot

So If I pull off the flywheel and I see the green wire with the plastic rectangle. Do I take it off? is there a way to clean it? Or should I just order a new one and replace it?
I haven't ordered the wire or the plastic rectangle. For some reason, it is sold as two different parts

ice

Threads

hey Srtsfz6 love the cup holder set up!! is that an aftermarket thing?

Threads
hi to all-
love donyboy and also taryl fixes all! could not stop laughing! been learning a lot

So If I pull off the flywheel and I see the green wire with the plastic rectangle. Do I take it off? is there a way to clean it? Or should I just order a new one and replace it?
I haven't ordered the wire or the plastic rectangle. For some reason, it is sold as two different parts

Ice......... Get someone to work that brake handle for you while you look to see if that assembly is moving like it should....

You said it runs, but the engine doesn't shut off when you release the handle and you have to shut off by other means...

If you do take the flywheel off look at the brake assembly well.... Work the bail lever while looking at the kill switch / plastic piece and see whats it's doing..... I wish I had a engine like yours so I can make a video for you to see how it works....

The easiest way to solve your issue is to do what Scott said and put a toggle switch in line...... No fast brake stop, but the older mowers didn't have that crap anyway.....

I was a young boy in the 1960's cutting grass and I still have my feet and hands in 1 piece.... Common sense rules over some peoples stupidity.... For lawsuits and money hungry lazy ***** people..........

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!