Buy American

Oddball

Threads
Not sure I follow yours either, since the fair tax has nothing to do with prices as far as I can tell. To frame it in that context only serves to cloud the issue - for me at least. But you did force me to look some stuff up, and I realize that I was ill-informed about the fair tax. So I learned something! See why I love discussion? :thumbsup:

The Fair Tax is basically a national sales tax. That's where cost of goods comes into play.

I'ma have to call a timeout to research this further. So you see, discussion is good.

:thumbsup:I urge you to read the Fair Tax books, there are two of them. The second answers questions that were raised but not answered in the first. Or go to FairTax.org, you'll probably find some answers there.

Postscript - my son came to me as I was posting this and asked me what Varsol was - he'd been watching a home repair program called "Holmes on Homes". I told him I didn't know. He said "GEEZ!! I want smarter adults!" Put me right in my place. :eek:[/QUOTE]

What, you didn't stop what you were doing, open a new window and google it for him right then? That's what my wife expects me to do. She's often disappointed. I watched a couple of episodes of that last night also. Missed the reference to Varsol though. I have no idea what it is either.

poncho62

Threads
Postscript - my son came to me as I was posting this and asked me what Varsol was - he'd been watching a home repair program called "Holmes on Homes". I told him I didn't know. He said "GEEZ!! I want smarter adults!" Put me right in my place. :eek:

.[/QUOTE]

Varsol is a solvent.....its like diesel fuel or fuel oil.....I believe its a Canadian brand name, because we just use that name for it and Americans dont....Mike Holmes is a Canuk....lives in my home town actually....lol

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
What is varsol? It's an ExxonMobil brand of hydrocarbon solvent for automotive/machinery parts cleaners.
Varsol* is a brand name for a high quality, pure, low odour paint thinner with a medium to fast evaporation rate. Its low odor and low flammability makes it safer.
Varsol fluids are traditional solvents that are also known as mineral spirits or white spirits.

mystreba

Threads
I think Varsol is a Keurig flavor - it's what my wife brews. yuk!

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't think I'll get that flavor :thumbdown:!

There are quite a few I like, but I don't believe that would be one of them ! :eek: