I love dandelions!

Pika

Threads
Not only are they pretty & prolific, they are also practically perfect as a food source. Did you know that every part of a dandelion is edible and nutritious?

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not only are they pretty & prolific, they are also practically perfect as a food source. Did you know that every part of a dandelion is edible and nutritious?

...and the white sap is sticky as wood glue, and the flowers smell like unwashed socks.........:laughing:

Tell you what: you can have all mine....they're ruining my lawn....:biggrin:

Smartaleck

Threads
I do believe that the white sap is supposed to be a cure for warts as well although I haven't tried it myself! Has anyone tested this?

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I do believe that the white sap is supposed to be a cure for warts as well although I haven't tried it myself! Has anyone tested this?

....and mandrake was supposed to be an aphrodesiac!! LOL :laughing:

grnspot110

Threads

Don't mean I have to like 'em!!! :thumbdown::thumbdown: :biggrin: ~~ grnspot

abeja_reina_1989

Threads
I think that's cool and everything but they drive me crazy. They grow in my yard like you would not believe. It's so crazy. I used to love them as a kid but that's about it :tongue:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think that's cool and everything but they drive me crazy. They grow in my yard like you would not believe. It's so crazy. I used to love them as a kid but that's about it :tongue:

The baby greens are good boiled, or in salads.......but, I couln't eat enough to make a difference!:licking:

monica123

Threads
I knew you could eat the greens, but I have never eaten the rest of the plant. I am not real sure if I would enjoy the stems and the flowers of them.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I knew you could eat the greens, but I have never eaten the rest of the plant. I am not real sure if I would enjoy the stems and the flowers of them.

Never thought of tasting the white goop....might've whetted my appetite for them!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just dug up my FIRST one yesterday... I think there will be thousands more ... soon...

Oh well they will just mow down... and spread every where... :smile:KennyV