Export thread

I love dandelions!

P

Pika

Not only are they pretty & prolific, they are also practically perfect as a food source. Did you know that every part of a dandelion is edible and nutritious?

twall

twall

Not only are they pretty & prolific, they are also practically perfect as a food source. Did you know that every part of a dandelion is edible and nutritious?

...and the white sap is sticky as wood glue, and the flowers smell like unwashed socks.........:laughing:

Tell you what: you can have all mine....they're ruining my lawn....:biggrin:

S

Smartaleck

I do believe that the white sap is supposed to be a cure for warts as well although I haven't tried it myself! Has anyone tested this?

twall

twall

I do believe that the white sap is supposed to be a cure for warts as well although I haven't tried it myself! Has anyone tested this?

....and mandrake was supposed to be an aphrodesiac!! LOL :laughing:

grnspot110

grnspot110

Don't mean I have to like 'em!!! :thumbdown::thumbdown: :biggrin: ~~ grnspot

A

abeja_reina_1989

I think that's cool and everything but they drive me crazy. They grow in my yard like you would not believe. It's so crazy. I used to love them as a kid but that's about it :tongue:

twall

twall

I think that's cool and everything but they drive me crazy. They grow in my yard like you would not believe. It's so crazy. I used to love them as a kid but that's about it :tongue:

The baby greens are good boiled, or in salads.......but, I couln't eat enough to make a difference!:licking:

M

monica123

I knew you could eat the greens, but I have never eaten the rest of the plant. I am not real sure if I would enjoy the stems and the flowers of them.

twall

twall

I knew you could eat the greens, but I have never eaten the rest of the plant. I am not real sure if I would enjoy the stems and the flowers of them.

Never thought of tasting the white goop....might've whetted my appetite for them!

K

KennyV

Just dug up my FIRST one yesterday... I think there will be thousands more ... soon...

Oh well they will just mow down... and spread every where... :smile:KennyV

P

pollyannasmum

Here in the UK they are called "pittly-beds" and in France "piss a lit" which means in both cases "peeing the bed" as they are diuretic, so if you're eating them, watch out!:biggrin:

S

Slater

I just pay the kids a few cents per dandelion that they dig out by the roots :biggrin: Gets them outside and the lawn looks clean, plus I will NOT use any types of spray.

M

Madi

I don't like using sprays either. I have kids and pets and I spend most of my summer in my garden and I son't want to be exposed to pesticides. I figure if it kills plants, what will it do to me?

G

greenacre

I stopped fighting the dandelions years ago; now I embrace them. Well, when they start popping up, I just mow them down. I didn't know you could eat them though, that's very interesting.

RTSB

RTSB

My neighbors must love them also, there yards are full of them. Must not have any grass after they die off. I bought a 25 gal fimco lawn sprayer and mix up 3 cups of 2-4d to 25 gal of water to rid myself of them.

O

outdoors Joe

I've read that they're very nutritious, but I can't imagine eating them. I think I'll just have to keep mowing them down. Do they actually taste good?