Toro ss4235 cutting out when handles pulled in - video

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Toro ss4235 cutting out when handles pulled in - video
If he runs it with the ignition kill wire unplugged, and it still shuts down, then that would point more to the brake actuator as the culprit, of course only if the test of the keyswitch checked out, and assuming that the seat switch is bypassed correctly as well.

The key switch legend is easy to read.

Attachments

• DSCN3260.jpg
    DSCN3260.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 11

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
On your system the kill relay is built into the brake actuator. To my knowledge this is a non testable part. I would backup and check the two switches on your motion control arms. If they are working properly then I would go to the PTO switch. I know that you said that they were working properly, but when trying to solve electrical problems, YOU NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING, until you test it and can verify that it is good. I have seen many PTO switches go back causing this problem. Sorry, but I have tried to find my procedure to test the PTO switch, but am having no luck. Do you have a 5 or 6 prong switch? I may have to redo the procedure, if I can't find it.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Have you tried any of today's suggestions?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
OK, throw us a little bone... What happens if you start it up, and instead of futzing with the handles, you engage the pto switch, what happens then?

Also, start it up, and stand up, without futzing with the handles or the pto switch......What happens?

That is a lot easier than my other questions.

Help us out here...

wrdabney

Threads
OK, throw us a little bone... What happens if you start it up, and instead of futzing with the handles, you engage the pto switch, what happens then?

Also, start it up, and stand up, without futzing with the handles or the pto switch......What happens?

Help us out here...

Thanks Fish. I have been at work all day so as soon as I get home in a couple of hours I will do these tests and report back.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
great, we are all trying to help.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Most of the experts here are sitting around in their underwear, fighting with each other, waiting for spring....... It may be ugly, but they all love it!!!!!

wrdabney

Threads
Most of the experts here are sitting around in their underwear, fighting with each other, waiting for spring....... It may be ugly, but they all love it!!!!!

Haha, spring is on its way shortly hopefully. I really appreciate all of your help

wrdabney

Threads

Help us out here...

Here are the answers to your easy questions. #1 the blades engage as they should. #2 the mower and the blades continue to run