Tire pops off the rim

Big-Rich

Threads
Too many posts to address individually but thanks to all.

I have said several times that the tire was holding pressure and I checked it often. Everyone that suggests the soapy water check... Done and done. NOT A SLOW LEAK, it pops off the bead.

I installed a tube yesterday and I am done troubleshooting unless and until it reoccurs. At that point I will consider new tires.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I installed a tube yesterday and I am done troubleshooting unless and until it reoccurs
Why the new tube if no leaks are found? Waste of money from my computer chair.

Remember when it was new, tires never fell off the rims? Now you add in 9 plus year old tires and a ton of wear on that machine. Baby needs a new pair of shoes.

Big-Rich

Threads
Why the new tube if no leaks are found? Waste of money from my computer chair.

Remember when it was new, tires never fell off the rims? Now you add in 9 plus year old tires and a ton of wear on that machine. Baby needs a new pair of shoes.
In my opinion, the tube will keep the tire from coming off the bead.

It is coming off because of many factors. Could be the yokes as 'bertsmobile1' suggested. The way it's occurring, my best guess is that the tire is OLD (I agree 100%) and when it's torqued by some side-ward or twisting pressure it lets go just enough for the air to escape suddenly. It shows no sign of dry rot, pitting, or rust.

I have an old wheel barrow which has a dry rotted tire. I could see the air coming from the tiny cracks in its sidewall when I held it under water. I put a tube in it a few years ago and it is fine.

I'd imagine the tube is exerting even pressure throughout the inside of the tire and all will be OK, both mower and wheel barrow.

If I'm wrong I will find out and I'll let you know.

Forest#2

Threads
I told a guy awhile back that I could see the AIR inside his front tires on a small tractor.:confused:
He just smiled and said I've never heard that one but they do look bad, but they are foam filled.

The foam was what I was seeing in between the rubber cracks.;)

Big-Rich

Threads
I told a guy awhile back that I could see the AIR inside his front tires on a small tractor.:confused:
He just smiled and said I've never heard that one but they do look bad, but they are foam filled.

The foam was what I was seeing in between the rubber cracks.;)
:) Hahaha. OK, I could not "see the air coming from the tiny cracks in its sidewall". I saw the effect of the air escaping the tire by the bubbles that were formed and deduced that air was the cause.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
BigRich, you came to this forum for advice from the experienced techs, but then you poo, poo what advice you are given. The pros responding have given you the solutions they have found through years of experience, not guesses. They see this problem too many times each season and but one has said they had one time a tire came off the rim when it was inflated properly. You have an old tire which looses pressure during normal operation, due to a slow leak either at the rim which may be bent or from a dry rot crack opening and closing during operation. How you proceed is up to you, but I think you had you mind made up before starting this thread. You just wanted someone to validate your assumption. Time for me to say “Yes dear” and go out to my shop. Bye.

Big-Rich

Threads
BigRich, you came to this forum for advice from the experienced techs, but then you poo, poo what advice you are given. The pros responding have given you the solutions they have found through years of experience, not guesses. They see this problem too many times each season and but one has said they had one time a tire came off the rim when it was inflated properly. You have an old tire which looses pressure during normal operation, due to a slow leak either at the rim which may be bent or from a dry rot crack opening and closing during operation. How you proceed is up to you, but I think you had you mind made up before starting this thread. You just wanted someone to validate your assumption. Time for me to say “Yes dear” and go out to my shop. Bye.
Not true, I did not have my mind made up when I joined this forum. I actually got my suggested solution from this thread. My original thought was to use X-Tra Seal Tire Bead Sealer as you can see from my original post.

'slomo' said "Take it to a car tire shop. Call prior to make sure they have new tires in your size and maybe tubes as well".

I took it to the shop where I bought the mower and they put in the tube which works with my tire/rim.

Reading what the pros input changed my mind and I thanked everyone very politely. Sorry if you took it the wrong way.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not true, I did not have my mind made up when I joined this forum. I actually got my suggested solution from this thread. My original thought was to use X-Tra Seal Tire Bead Sealer as you can see from my original post.

'slomo' said "Take it to a car tire shop. Call prior to make sure they have new tires in your size and maybe tubes as well".

I took it to the shop where I bought the mower and they put in the tube which works with my tire/rim.

Reading what the pros input changed my mind and I thanked everyone very politely. Sorry if you took it the wrong way.
It's all good. Get the tires fixed and slay some grass.

RevB

Threads
I have a 48" Hustler Raptor SD for 9 years and over the past few years the rear tire comes off the rim, rarely but a total nuisance when it does.

I have cleaned the bead but it still happens.

I plan to pick up some bead sealant (X-Tra Seal Tire Bead Sealer 14-101) but I know that is really for pitted rims and not for tires coming off the bead.

Has anyone had this problem and, if so, what did you do to fix it? If you have had this issue, did bead sealant work for you?

I'm hoping the bead sealant has strong enough adhesive that it will act like a sort of glue and not just a gap filler.

$132 and under for a set of tires on Amazon

bbirder

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would never use the green slime product but I have used a product called Flatout with great success.. Check out the literature. I purchase it on Amazon..It has Kevlar fibers in it and it is all the Military uses on everything that rolls.