Tire pops off the rim

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
How I fixed my dry rot tires issues on my small tractor was to add a product called Ride-on. No more unexpected and sudden deflation, and it doesn’t rust the rim. https://www.ride-on.com/
Looks like the same stuff my tire shop used in my tires. Came in a one gallon jug. Different brand though. Not supposed to rust the rim deal.

If the bead is compromised, time to replace. 9 years old and falling off the rim.

stevestd

Threads
I have a 48" Hustler Raptor SD for 9 years and over the past few years the rear tire comes off the rim, rarely but a total nuisance when it does.

I have cleaned the bead but it still happens.

I plan to pick up some bead sealant (X-Tra Seal Tire Bead Sealer 14-101) but I know that is really for pitted rims and not for tires coming off the bead.

Has anyone had this problem and, if so, what did you do to fix it? If you have had this issue, did bead sealant work for you?

I'm hoping the bead sealant has strong enough adhesive that it will act like a sort of glue and not just a gap filler.
Had similar problems with a tyre deflating unexpectedly on a number of occasions a few years back. Took it to my local tyre dealer who checked for leaks etc with no problems found. He said that older tyres can develop microleaks (these were 8-10 years old). Bought two new good quality tyres (no tube, same rims using 13-15 psi) with no problems since!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And a left field one here.
How are the caster bearings and the yoke ?
The yokes on ZTR's often get bent to funny angles ( they are not exactly strait to start with ) and this allows them to rotate easily off the ground but prevents then rotating on the ground which puts too much side force on the tyre causing it to roll off the rim
I inflate the caster wheels to 20psi on everything
Fitting a strait treaded tyre seems to work a lot better than the smooth tyres fitted to most ZTR's

GrumpyCat

Threads
Now that I recall that, I bet I stretched the tire when I removed it to clean up the rim and tire mating surface. If that's true, I'm wondering if the tire sealant will make up for the stretching? I now see that "X-Tra Seal Tire Bead Sealer" comes in three different thicknesses 14-101, 14-101A, and 14-101B.
I seriously seriously seriously doubt you can "stretch" a tire.

As others have pointed out when a tubeless tire comes off the rim it is due to lack of inflation, or the rim has rusted to nothing. I think you are losing air. Might bandaid with Slime. 9 years you say? Time for new tires.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And a left field one here.
How are the caster bearings and the yoke ?
The yokes on ZTR's often get bent to funny angles ( they are not exactly strait to start with ) and this allows them to rotate easily off the ground but prevents then rotating on the ground which puts too much side force on the tyre causing it to roll off the rim
I inflate the caster wheels to 20psi on everything
Fitting a ribbed treaded tyre seems to work a lot better than the smooth tyres fitted to most ZTR's

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I seriously seriously seriously doubt you can "stretch" a tire.

As others have pointed out when a tubeless tire comes off the rim it is due to lack of inflation, or the rim has rusted to nothing. I think you are losing air. Might bandaid with Slime. 9 years you say? Time for new tires.
While stretching a tyre is difficult, tearing the reinforcing cords inside the bead is very common on small diameter tyres

ChrisBFRPKY

Threads
While stretching a tyre is difficult, tearing the reinforcing cords inside the bead is very common on small diameter tyres
This. Bert called this one.

If a tire is not installed properly you can break the cords that support the bead. Replace the tire with a new one and this time let the bead go down into the center of the rim during installation. No amount of sealant will help.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
This. Bert called this one.

If a tire is not installed properly you can break the cords that support the bead. Replace the tire with a new one and this time let the bead go down into the center of the rim during installation. No amount of sealant will help.
29 posts (didn’t read all). Inflate tire, use liquid soap and water in spray bottle and spray tire. Identify leak. Repair.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Having this rim issue for years probably says rusted out rims and definitely used up dry rotted tires.

Tires need replacing. End of story.