Thinking about buying a Bid Dog ZTR

Old Goat

Threads
Today demo 2013 Big Dog X Diablo with 60 inch deck and 27hp Kawasaki motor. First off I am a Scag mower all the way , so I thought. The dealer were I live started sell them. They said take one and try it. Have a football / scoocer field that I take care of and it was needing to be mowed. IT was overseed with rye grass that is thick. MY Scag Turf Tiger cuts it good, but the Big Dog did a better job cutting it. Something that I like was how fast it can move, smooth hydro, the cut was very good nice job spreading the clipping. Thing that I did not like was the seat seem short but was ok, deck heights are in 1/2 inch mark I like 1/4 inch marks. It seem to be built just like the hustler. The decks are the big difference I can see. How well it will last is the big question. Here is some vidoe you can look at. Big Dog mower - YouTube / Big dog mower - YouTube. Hope this helps.

Check the owners manual, reversing the height pin will give you 1/4" increments.

Charles

Attachments

• Height Pin.JPG
    Height Pin.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 8

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Would love to hear any comments on this subject. R-754 mower.

R-Series Zero-Turn Commercial Grade Riding Mowers - Big Dog Mowers

Kawasaki engine.

Any one have experience with these mowers?

Thanks,
Charles

Old Goat,
Something that I'm curious about(and couldn't understand....really thought it was a "typo") on the R-Series Big Dog specs sheet is the warranty. It states a 3-Year/240 Hour Residential Warranty and a 1-Year/400 Hour Commercial Warranty. For some reason, the hours seem to be "flipped" where Residential usage should/would be covered for "more hours" than for Commercial usage.

Old Goat

Threads
Old Goat,
Something that I'm curious about(and couldn't understand....really thought it was a "typo") on the R-Series Big Dog specs sheet is the warranty. It states a 3-Year/240 Hour Residential Warranty and a 1-Year/400 Hour Commercial Warranty. For some reason, the hours seem to be "flipped" where Residential usage should/would be covered for "more hours" than for Commercial usage.

I seem to remember that, but I remember saying "Who gives a ****, in 3 years I'll never have to worry about running out of hours!

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I seem to remember that, but I remember saying "Who gives a ****, in 3 years I'll never have to worry about running out of hours!

Old Goat,
I hear ya...with you having just a little over 2 acres and me a little over 1, you would be hard pressed to have 150 hours on yours in 3 years and me about 75. Neither of us need to worry about hours and 3 years should be plenty of time to flesh out any warranty adjustments that may be necessary. I guess the warranty guys figure a Commercial usage may put 100's of hours on one pretty quick, so they bump it up to 400 hours. Some that mow commercially can probably max that out(400) in 2-3 months.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Old Goat,
I hear ya...with you having just a little over 2 acres and me a little over 1, you would be hard pressed to have 150 hours on yours in 3 years and me about 75. Neither of us need to worry about hours and 3 years should be plenty of time to flesh out any warranty adjustments that may be necessary. I guess the warranty guys figure a Commercial usage may put 100's of hours on one pretty quick, so they bump it up to 400 hours. Some that mow commercially can probably max that out(400) in 2-3 months.

Warranty on my cub will run out tomorrow took a whole 4 weeks to hit 150 hours

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))