Thinking about buying a Bid Dog ZTR

possum

Threads
Hustler and Exmark are the popular ones around here for extensive use. Big Dogs I have never seen but one passing through. There are a few Dixie Choppers around. The better end Cubs and the Worldlawn stuff is popular with folks that live outside of town with a couple acres to mow. Some homeowners have the upper end Hustler stuff but they buy it used.

edd

Threads
bought the r-754 last year....put 240 hrs on it in small lawn care business.....satisfied with it so far.....basically just a red hustler fastrak but was about 1200 dollars less got out the door for 4600 but prices have gone up in the last year

Threads
bought the r-754 last year....put 240 hrs on it in small lawn care business.....satisfied with it so far.....basically just a red hustler fastrak but was about 1200 dollars less got out the door for 4600 but prices have gone up in the last year

If the mower is like the Hustler model I would think it's a good mower! Do you have any pictures you could share of yours? :smile:

edd

Threads
no pictures but it is basically a 54 inch hustler fastrak ......prices have gone up because the brand has caught on so the dealer tells me......i liked the low center of gravity......i use it for 30 yards that i cut part time

Old Goat

Threads

Thanks for your comments edd.

Looks like I will be picking mine up around the first of March. Thought about the C model, but the larger tires along with comfort additions and the ROP bar sold me on the R series. I think this will be the LAST mower I will buy as I will not be doing any commercial work.

Well, unless I can get the little lady to hire out!

Charles

Attachments

• Across street.jpg
    Across street.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Across street 2.jpg
    Across street 2.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 30

edd

Threads
i bought mine to use commercially and am satisfied.....back tires were wider than ex mark and toro that i looked at.....roll bar was a must.....low center of gravity was a big point for me also because my son operates it more than i do......good luck

Old Goat

Threads
Thank you.

I'll be sure to come back here and let you know.

Charles

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thank you.

I'll be sure to come back here and let you know.

Charles
Old Goat,
How much did you end up having to pay for that big Dog? User edd seemed to have gotten a very good deal @ $4600 for that ZTR(noticed it has the foldable ROPS which you have to get the Hustler Fastrak "Super Duty" to get....the regular Fastrak has a one-piece ROPS). Still seems to be a decent mower for that kind of money!! BTW, the recall mentioned is most likely the fuel filter on the Kawasaki. Same as on my 2012 Gravely that has the Kawa FX691V engine. My dealer replaced mine no questions asked and yours should too(I did take the recalls with me to be sure). See links below for that info:
Kawasaki Motors Recalls Lawn Mower Engines Due to Fire Hazard

Kawasaki Motors Recalls Fuel Filters for Lawn Mower and Utility Vehicle Engines Due to Fire Hazard