Thinking about buying a Bid Dog ZTR

Old Goat

Threads
Haven't taken delivery yet, but I am going to get an R754 for under $4800.

It does have the foldable ROP bar, 20X12 rear wheels, 13X5 front wheels, 23 HP Kawasaki engine, and various other improvements over the C series units. Fuel recall is a non issue.

ROP is of prime concern, as my wife will be using it mostly (she LIKES to cut grass). Foldable ROP is mandatory because we have live oaks with lower branches than other trees.

Charles

Attachments

• SPECS_BIGDOG_R_Series_10-12.pdf
    810.8 KB · Views: 8

edd

Threads
rop and low center of gravity was a huge selling point for me because my son is the main operater and we have a few yards with slopes......you could turn it over but you would have to try.......those wheelie wheels in the back add to safety also.....i am glad we got this big dog.......sounds like you got a good price because that same mower is 5500 here now.....i bought a 48 inch fastrak superduty on monday for 5550 out the door....it was a demo with 17 hrs.....

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
rop and low center of gravity was a huge selling point for me because my son is the main operater and we have a few yards with slopes......you could turn it over but you would have to try.......those wheelie wheels in the back add to safety also.....i am glad we got this big dog.......sounds like you got a good price because that same mower is 5500 here now.....i bought a 48 inch fastrak superduty on monday for 5550 out the door....it was a demo with 17 hrs.....

edd,

Like you said, even at $4800 user old goat got a good deal on that Big Dog. And you got a good deal on that Hustler Fastrak Super Duty. My dealer wouldn't budge from $8000 out-the-door for a 54" Super Duty, didn't have any demos when I was there. I gave $6800 out-the-door for my 52" Gravely Pro-Turn 100 XDZ and still consider that a great price(the MSRP for the 2013 models is $7500 plus tax).

Old Goat

Threads
Thanks guys,

I'm beginning to think I did good.
Sure wish I could have spelled BIG Dog correctly in the thread title!!!

Charles

edd

Threads
i know i got a good deal on the super duty.......dealer had a 2013 model with 3 hours for 5900 out the door......i had already decided on a x-mark pioneer s series but stopped by this dealer just to take one more look and because they keep a dog at the dealership my grandaughter likes to play with....was walking out the door when owner came in and mentioned the demos.....if not for that dog and pookie being with me i would have missed that deal.....that kawasaki fx sure runs quiet.....we are in better shape for grass cutting than ever before.....54 inch big dog and 48 inch ftsd........next purchase will be an echo pas and attachnents

edd

Threads
srm 225.....have read a lot of good reviews on this model

Threads
srm 225.....have read a lot of good reviews on this model
Yeah, I think the 225 is a good choice. If you want some of the more powerful attachments I would go higher up in the lineup, but for a trimmer, edger, blower, etc. I think that is a good choice. I like my SRM-225 trimmer and PE-225 edger! :thumbsup: They are not the Pro Attachment Series, but they use the same powerheads.
225's.jpg

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
i know i got a good deal on the super duty.......dealer had a 2013 model with 3 hours for 5900 out the door......i had already decided on a x-mark pioneer s series but stopped by this dealer just to take one more look and because they keep a dog at the dealership my grandaughter likes to play with....was walking out the door when owner came in and mentioned the demos.....if not for that dog and pookie being with me i would have missed that deal.....that kawasaki fx sure runs quiet.....we are in better shape for grass cutting than ever before.....54 inch big dog and 48 inch ftsd........next purchase will be an echo pas and attachnents

edd,
I hear ya on the Kawasaki FX series(my Gravely has the 22hp FX691). I learned through these forums that the FR series is "Residential", the FS series is "Heavy Duty" and the FX series is "Commercial". Anytime you invest in a ZTR that has Commercial components you can't go wrong. That Fastrak Super Duty has the Hydro-Gear ZT-3100 trannies doesn't it(also Commercial grade)? The Gravely I bought having the Kawa FX engine, the Hydro-Gear ZT-3400 trannies, cast iron spindles and the Ogura GT 2.5 Electric Clutch were some of the reasons I went with it. Hey....I read in a thread somewhere that the Hustler "Flex Forks" shock-absorbing front caster add-on makes for a VERY smooth ride if you are toying with the idea of that kind of investment. I can't recall what my dealer told me they cost.