Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

IMG_5157.jpgthese three are coming down on monday

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

IMG_5155.jpgIMG_5156.jpgI like to tow my DR chipper around with my golf cart....it has cup holders..LOL I bought that quick hitch for my cub cadet but it ended up on the cart instead....thing is great, gotta get another one

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

looking down from the garage back in august 2016, two months after I bought the place.

Newhouse2016 008.jpg

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

How it looks today, just moments ago...LOL still more work to do
IMG_5165.jpgIMG_5166.jpgIMG_5167.jpg

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

we have 500 feet of power lines coming in from the street, and I am removing all the trees along that route before the next big storm takes the wires down. My whole house generator is scheduled to be installed next month. I still have siding on the house to repair, soffets to repair, and house to paint....good thing i'm retired right? :rolleyes:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

All I can say Doc, is you sure got some nice property and the machinery to take care of it, NOW, ... when did you say you
were PLANNING to retire ( LOL ) Guess I got it wrong, I THOUGHT when you retire, you DOWNSIZE ... EVERYTHING!!
so you have more time to do things you dreamed about doing all those working years ! Course, I guess it took me about 2
years to realize I could throw away the clocks, go where and when I want, ..ALMOST ... ( LOL )

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

Well, I planned well in advance so I could retire from the hard life as a diesel mechanic at an age where I could still do what I enjoy most.
I figure I have about a years worth of improvements on the house, then I will sit back for awhile and do some fishing and rebuild and resell old farm tractors, which is something I never had time for in the past. I am only 58 so I still have some energy left in me, not much though.....I seem to enjoy a good nap now and then....LOL
IMG_5127.jpg
Next project on the list is my 48 cub

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

For me, Boobala, retiring was just ending a 35 year run as a heavy diesel tech and wrecker operator. I plan on starting my own business after I get the house and property looking the way I want.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Better watch out Doc, after reading your post you just might find Roger settin up camp in your backyard, HE LOVES messin with tractors, but then he loves to travel all over Hell's half acre's . Sounds like you have a GREAT plan, and yes, you are as young as you feel !!! ..:thumbsup:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Heavy Hauler Willy

Holy mackerel man, you've got more toys, tools and things to do than ANY retired man needs, 58 or otherwise!

I'm proud of you for getting those trees down while leaving your power company wiring "up"!! As a long-time electrician, I've seen it go the other way far too many times!

As a point of interest, what kind of generator system are you having installed? (Remember, you get what you pay for!)

I built an entire house pretty much by myself when I was 50 and I thought that was about all I had left in me.. Now going on 24 years later I realize that life isn't over yet and you have to have maintain enough energy to keep going.

Boo, are you jealous of this guy or what? He obviously handled his money well during his working career, he's get a GREAT piece of property, he already owns more machinery that either you or even have room for! And he has great plans!! I'd say that as long as he's healthy and doesn't smoke or drink to excess, he's pretty much got it made!!

I will suggest one thing Doc, . . . if I may . . . . Be sure to put aside some time to enjoy yourself outside of twisting wrenches and getting all greasy, especially if there is another human being involved with your life.. Work, customers, all that crap will always be there, but when your times up, that's the end of that and for a person who has set things up as well it seems you have, it would be a pity to come to the 'end' and realize you hadn't taken the time to "smell the roses" as they say.

As Boo tried to point out, when you retire, it can be difficult to realize the freedom you have just obtained. Most people I've talked with continued to blunder along working at something for several years before it dawned on them that they didn't have to!! Kick back and enjoy!! For tomorrow - who knows??!!

Roger