The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

When I was into the lawn/tree service helping my son, ( in South Fl. ) a few years (quite a few) back, Many folks switched from Stihl to Echo, and, a BIG seller there, Shindaiwa, I still have 2 Shindaiwa stick edgers 1 is 25+ yrs. old, the other about 20, ( LE-20 & LE-230,) both still runnin like scalded arse apes, price for Shindaiwa was sometimes higher, but at least the manuals and parts were available.

Boo,

I think I may have mentioned it before, but Number - One Step-Son swears by Shindaiwa for his landscaping business.

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Oh yes I do ask.... I do that for some people not all tho.. Can't make no Largent like dat Mon Ami ~!~!

Oops I thought you quoted a post I did for Bishop with the chainsaw issue LOL........ I help a few folks out here in town if they short on money.. I always get favors in return tho... Like a deer rost or a front quarter... Missy loves to cook deer meat and eat it also...........

Boux,

Deer Season (Rifle) just closed here (the Saturday after Thanksgiving). SWMBO and son just finished cutting up and packaging the last deer of the year. We've got two grand daughters as well as their father that keeps us in venison. We had fresh ground venison burgers for dinner last night! Delicious!!

Roger

Attachments

• DSCN2111_979.jpg
    DSCN2111_979.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Courtney's 2017 doe.png
    Courtney's 2017 doe.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 2

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Boo
I have forgotten to thank you for all you do here. You run around thanking everyone else and hardly a thank you to you. Well here is your big thank you from me.
You make the best cheerleader in the group and I thank you!!!:laughing::thumbsup::laughing::thumbsup::laughing:

AND THAT, was pretty damn considerate of you Chuck, although I really don't expect thank's from the folks on the forums, although, I do appreciate it, much like anyone else.

ZZZ.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

AND THAT, was pretty damn considerate of you Chuck, although I really don't expect thank's from the folks on the forums, although, I do appreciate it, much like anyone else.

View attachment 34979

I know what you mean about not expecting thanks. If we needed that we would not help on here. We get a few thank you's but very few compared to the free work we do.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Boux,

Deer Season (Rifle) just closed here (the Saturday after Thanksgiving). SWMBO and son just finished cutting up and packaging the last deer of the year. We've got two grand daughters as well as their father that keeps us in venison. We had fresh ground venison burgers for dinner last night! Delicious!!

Roger

I existed in the southern Chicago area and worked for a paving contractor.
The shop mechanics had a double hot plate with a crude welded steel Dutch oven atop.
One mechanic, a gruff old Lil Abner sort made his own sauerkraut and the other furnished duck and
venison sausage. GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ that stuff was GREAT!!
I have NEVER had kraut so good............and the duck and venison were out of this world!!

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

I existed in the southern Chicago area and worked for a paving contractor.
The shop mechanics had a double hot plate with a crude welded steel Dutch oven atop.
One mechanic, a gruff old Lil Abner sort made his own sauerkraut and the other furnished duck and
venison sausage. GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ that stuff was GREAT!!
I have NEVER had kraut so good............and the duck and venison were out of this world!!

Ron,

Wild game cooked properly is hard to beat, although I never did learn the trick to cooking wild ducks. I gave up duck hunting because of it. I figured if I wasn't going to eat them, then I shouldn't be shooting them. If you ever get the chance to try moose meat - Go for it!! That is as good as it gets!

There is a company near here that makes their own sauerkraut and they have a small German style restaurant and store in their building. We always try to make a run up there at least once during the summer.

http://www.morsessauerkraut.com/

Roger

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Boo,

I think I may have mentioned it before, but Number - One Step-Son swears by Shindaiwa for his landscaping business.

Rog

AHHhhh SOOoooo my good compadre, ..very smart step-son ...may he live long and perspire !! ..:thumbsup:..:laughing:..:laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

OH MAN, a beautiful HUGE moonlit night, and headed for ANOTHER 80+ degree day, December in Florida !! looking at the view count this morn. , looks like we'll see 150,000 before years end !! I think that's incredible, all over a guy's question about his transaxle !!

Anyway .... GOOD Morning gang !!

MORNIN.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 140,083