The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

It's totally my fault for introducing the aspect of a money pot, I suggested it, I'm not in the habit of pissing away ANY money ( although I do on tools I don't really need, schitt for my vehicles I don't really need , etc. etc. etc. !! Yes I think most of us do piss away SOME money.. reminds me of once in a bait N tackle shop, I was eyeballin a fancy lure that cost about $9.00 the salesperson himself looked at me and said that particular lure has caught more FISHERMEN than fish, than any other lures I've sold !! use a "natural" bait" !! yep I know we all like eye candy and we find it hard to restrain from the "toys" but I was only thinking instead of getting a pat on the back from all the guys for the best guess , maybe a bit of cash at that time of year would be something to remember the friendship we all share on this forum, No matter what the person spent it on, they most likely will remember ... HEY !! I won the prize-pot from the forum and I remember all the good times we shared there . I really didn't think it was a bad idea , just thinking about how nice it would be to have that memory ( and the poor winner gettin bugged for a loan by all of us ) .:laughing: ..:laughing: I wish I had not brought it up ! I value all the guys as true friends, I REALLY REALLY was concerned about Tom on his cycle when we didn't hear from him for so long, just glad the "dick-head" is home safe N sound !! I truly enjoy this thread and this forum, I want to keep it that way ! ..:cool:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

I air on the side of caution sometimes too much. Enough said we are not a sappy group we are the wild group and should continue to act as such. Yeahaw!!! You all should remember the 3 ! They were around before emojis were.:laughing:

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

As long as BlazNT has a "remove before flight" tag on his mower, he does not need a "tail-number" to add Aviation fuel.

glad to see we have another basshole in the group:laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

glad to see we have another basshole in the group:laughing:

GREAT just what we need in a time of EXTREME CRISIS !!! ANOTHER basshole !! ..:laughing: ..:laughing: ..:laughing:
JUST KIDDIN guys !! glad to have more in the "gang" AND I think we may also be welcoming another foolish soul .. calls himself PUSH ( for push-mowers I guess ) , he's into finding "curb-models" and fixin em up, maybe keep , maybe sell, depends on which way the wind blows his "dress" at the time ..:laughing: ..:laughing: I think him and primerbulb would get along great ! anyway, we shall see what's in the cards , OOOPS I didn't mean that in a betting or gambling type of context, guess I had other things on my dysfunctional brain,I better get outa here before I wind-up beaten severely about the face and groin area's ....ADIOS Amigo's ..:laughing:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

It's totally my fault for introducing the aspect of a money pot, I suggested it, I'm not in the habit of pissing away ANY money ( although I do on tools I don't really need, schitt for my vehicles I don't really need , etc. etc. etc. !! Yes I think most of us do piss away SOME money.. reminds me of once in a bait N tackle shop, I was eyeballin a fancy lure that cost about $9.00 the salesperson himself looked at me and said that particular lure has caught more FISHERMEN than fish, than any other lures I've sold !! use a "natural" bait" !! yep I know we all like eye candy and we find it hard to restrain from the "toys" but I was only thinking instead of getting a pat on the back from all the guys for the best guess , maybe a bit of cash at that time of year would be something to remember the friendship we all share on this forum, No matter what the person spent it on, they most likely will remember ... HEY !! I won the prize-pot from the forum and I remember all the good times we shared there . I really didn't think it was a bad idea , just thinking about how nice it would be to have that memory ( and the poor winner gettin bugged for a loan by all of us ) .:laughing: ..:laughing: I wish I had not brought it up ! I value all the guys as true friends, I REALLY REALLY was concerned about Tom on his cycle when we didn't hear from him for so long, just glad the "dick-head" is home safe N sound !! I truly enjoy this thread and this forum, I want to keep it that way ! ..:cool:

Relax Boo,

Now You're making me feel bad for pissing on your parade! You didn't have to pull the plan just because Bert and I are too tight to join in.. We'd still have enjoyed watching someone win..

Speaking of "Bert and I", that reminds me of a Maine humor record that used to be available by that same name. (Yes it was offered on records or as they refer to them today, "Vinyl"). They were produced in the late 50's by a fellow named Marshall Dodge, who was killed back in '82 when he was hit by a car while bicycling in Hawaii.

They were good, 'dry' Maine humor. Most of the stories were too long to print here, but one that most everyone has heard in one form or another was about a stranger who stopped in front of a house in Mattawamkeag, Maine and asked an old fella sitting on his porch for directions to Wytopitlock, Maine. After trying to explain the various turns and roads the driver would have to take, on two or three different routes, he finally gave up and said, "By gorry, you can't get there from here!"

Then there is an example of the exact opposite attitude. . . . . Another "fella from away" stopped in front of a house and asked the owner if the road he was on would take him to New Hampshire. The old boy on the porch thought for a minute and then replied: "Ayup, but it's about 25,000 miles the way you're headed, and there's some stretches of mighty hard wheelin'..."

Mostly, "Bert and I" went lobstering in their boat, the "Bluebird", but telling those stories requires sound effects: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPGf77t9hRA You'll love the old engine sounds..

Roger

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Relax Boo,

Now You're making me feel bad for pissing on your parade! You didn't have to pull the plan just because Bert and I are too tight to join in.. We'd still have enjoyed watching someone win..

Speaking of "Bert and I", that reminds me of a Maine humor record that used to be available by that same name. (Yes it was offered on records or as they refer to them today, "Vinyl"). They were produced in the late 50's by a fellow named Marshall Dodge, who was killed back in '82 when he was hit by a car while bicycling in Hawaii.

They were good, 'dry' Maine humor. Most of the stories were too long to print here, but one that most everyone has heard in one form or another was about a stranger who stopped in front of a house in Mattawamkeag, Maine and asked an old fella sitting on his porch for directions to Wytopitlock, Maine. After trying to explain the various turns and roads the driver would have to take, on two or three different routes, he finally gave up and said, "By gorry, you can't get there from here!"

Then there is an example of the exact opposite attitude. . . . . Another "fella from away" stopped in front of a house and asked the owner if the road he was on would take him to New Hampshire. The old boy on the porch thought for a minute and then replied: "Ayup, but it's about 25,000 miles the way you're headed, and there's some stretches of mighty hard wheelin'..."

Mostly, "Bert and I" went lobstering in their boat, the "Bluebird", but telling those stories requires sound effects: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPGf77t9hRA You'll love the old engine sounds..

Roger

Hey Rog, did ya happen to read post # 1128 (this thread) ??

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Hey Rog, did ya happen to read post # 1128 (this thread) ??

Boo,

Yep, I saw it, made me think of the old joke about the guy who could make a camel take on enough water to last 12 days instead of the usual eight. (Something to do with two bricks getting slammed together on his junk.. Ouch!!!!)

Rog

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Boo,

Yep, I saw it, made me think of the old joke about the guy who could make a camel take on enough water to last 12 days instead of the usual eight. (Something to do with two bricks getting slammed together on his junk.. Ouch!!!!)

Rog

Guess we heard ALMOST ALL of em in the service, I can remember many evenings in the NCO club sharing our jokes and laughing all night ! ..:laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Wifey was mowing the lawn on mower I just re-built the carb on, after about 15 min, I heard it start sputtering, I KNOW damn well I did a bang-up job on the carb so I checked the deck and belts ( all new ) nothing, so with disappointment I started thinking,the carb ??? got to looking really close and found the problem, the *&$#@%$ IDLE needle was backing out from vibration !! screwed it back in, ran great for about another 20 min, then it started again ! pulled out the needle and gently stretched the spring (tough little booger ) problem solved, guess I better order a new needle and spring, only thing bothers me is the carb body is aluminum and the needle is steel and I don't think the carb was ever re-built or adjusted beyond the limiter cap that I schitt-canned ! maybe teflon tape if it acts up again ?? can't buy the upper carb body itself . *&^@#$#@ . ..:mad:

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

Wifey was mowing the lawn on mower I just re-built the carb on, after about 15 min, I heard it start sputtering, I KNOW damn well I did a bang-up job on the carb so I checked the deck and belts ( all new ) nothing, so with disappointment I started thinking,the carb ??? got to looking really close and found the problem, the *&$#@%$ IDLE needle was backing out from vibration !! screwed it back in, ran great for about another 20 min, then it started again ! pulled out the needle and gently stretched the spring (tough little booger ) problem solved, guess I better order a new needle and spring, only thing bothers me is the carb body is aluminum and the needle is steel and I don't think the carb was ever re-built or adjusted beyond the limiter cap that I schitt-canned ! maybe teflon tape if it acts up again ?? can't buy the upper carb body itself . *&^@#$#@ . ..:mad:

but blue locktite on the threads