The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

but blue locktite on the threads

Yeah, Doc I thought of Loc-Tite , or putting a dab of sealing "wax" on it after re-adjusting , it's no big problem, I just don't understand why all of a sudden this happened , the needle felt pretty snug when i checked the threads WITHOUT the spring on the needle HMMMmmm ?? OH well !! Thanks for the suggestion you "OL-FART " ..:laughing: ..:laughing:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Lock-Tite

As far as I know, Locktite comes in three grades, identified by color. Doc is correct in that in your case you should use the blue type. It is designed to be lightly spread on threads before assembly and it makes the part fairly removable.

Then there is a 'Green' form which is a 'wicking' type of threadlocker. It is designed to wick into the threads of a machine screw after assembly. It also makes parts fairly easy to remove.

Then there is the 'Red' form. It is a high strength threadlocker, for use when your fondest desire is for this part to never come unscrewed again.. (You can take it apart, but not easily.)

The custom lamp shop portion of our family business used lots of Locktite in it's various forms, it served us very well.

Roger

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

WOW ...!!! look at us !! Heading for 60,000 , and still 3 months till ANNIVERSARY date, is this thread KICK-ARSE or what ...?? ..:cool2:..:cool2:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Kicking!!

Boo,

We ought to be careful or Admin might kick us to the curb! Aren't we sort of duty bound to provide some sort of 'value' here, be it of a mechanical nature or simple enjoyment?

I think we need to get Tom back on here to discuss his travel experiences. You can't do a 'four-corner' trip on a motorcycle without experiencing a number of 'notable' events. Quite a few of the 'regulars' on here have ridden at one time or another in their lives, so you know they would be interested.

How about it Tom? Can you share with us how you survived traveling through Massachusetts without being run down by one of their infamous drivers? (And how about a picture of Gretchen Prieto while you're at it??) She might become the "MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild" poster girl!.. :cool:

Rog

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Hey Rog , sounds like you're gettin "the-hots" for Gretchen, ( LOL ) ..:laughing: ..:laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

You guys notice in the thread "My Appreciation" , only folks that offered "Thanks" to the "mods & Admin" was the guys in our "group" AND ... member 7394 ( aka Buddy ) ( I think I re-named him "numbers" awhile back ?? ) We can't be all bad, What the hell is wrong with people these days ?? are we "elders and Vets" the only the only ones that know what the words RESPECT and Thank-You mean ?? A simple thing ! ... NOT ***-kissing, but a genuine heart-felt appreciation for things people do . ..:confused2:

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Lock-Tite

As far as I know, Locktite comes in three grades, identified by color. Doc is correct in that in your case you should use the blue type. It is designed to be lightly spread on threads before assembly and it makes the part fairly removable.

Then there is a 'Green' form which is a 'wicking' type of threadlocker. It is designed to wick into the threads of a machine screw after assembly. It also makes parts fairly easy to remove.

Then there is the 'Red' form. It is a high strength threadlocker, for use when your fondest desire is for this part to never come unscrewed again.. (You can take it apart, but not easily.)

The custom lamp shop portion of our family business used lots of Locktite in it's various forms, it served us very well.

Roger
There is also a yellow locktite that caterpillar uses and spicer transmission uses, you need a 3/4 impact and sometimes some heat to remove them.....giant pita

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

You guys notice in the thread "My Appreciation" , only folks that offered "Thanks" to the "mods & Admin" was the guys in our "group" AND ... member 7394 ( aka Buddy ) ( I think I re-named him "numbers" awhile back ?? ) We can't be all bad, What the hell is wrong with people these days ?? are we "elders and Vets" the only the only ones that know what the words RESPECT and Thank-You mean ?? A simple thing ! ... NOT ***-kissing, but a genuine heart-felt appreciation for things people do . ..:confused2:
people don't do any of the things we were taught as youngsters to do, hold a door open, please, thank you, and a cordial hello and hand shake..........just try to get them to look up from the phone for 30 seconds is hard enough

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Hell i have goten in trouble for holding a door open for people. It does not stop me. I say the heck with them. I will still be noce to everyone regardless.