The Daily Yardman Thread

primerbulb120

Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

I use ethanol gas in all my equipment. The ethanol never has time to damage the carbs because I use my equipment so much. I also tend to rebuild or replace my carbs once or twice per year anyway, so ethanol free gas would be a needless expense.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

I use ethanol gas in all my equipment. The ethanol never has time to damage the carbs because I use my equipment so much. I also tend to rebuild or replace my carbs once or twice per year anyway, so ethanol free gas would be a needless expense.

OK CLYDE ......... are you gonna get in on the prize money ..???????

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Yeah I use an ethanol fuel additive to my cars and the fuel I buy for my other equipment, haven't had any real issues to date, the carb I just re-built on my Briggs 17.5 was probably never re-built ( I bought it used ) in really good shape properly cared for, so I really can't say for sure . Plus I always use LUCAS fuel treatment in my car and I have NEVER had the injectors cleaned yet !!! I swear by those LUCAS products, GREAT STUFF !! ..:thumbsup:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

I run non-ethanol in everything that I own when it comes to small engines. I have never had to rebuild or replace a single carburetor on anything that I own. Now I have replaced a lot of carburetors on mowers I have purchased for flips. I have tried cleaning them many times and sometimes it works depending mostly on how long they sat. So I swear by non-ethanol gas.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

I run non-ethanol in everything that I own when it comes to small engines. I have never had to rebuild or replace a single carburetor on anything that I own. Now I have replaced a lot of carburetors on mowers I have purchased for flips. I have tried cleaning them many times and sometimes it works depending mostly on how long they sat. So I swear by non-ethanol gas.

Im gonna report you for buying AVgas without a proper "tail-number" ..:laughing:

basshole

Threads

Im gonna report you for buying AVgas without a proper "tail-number" ..:laughing:

As long as BlazNT has a "remove before flight" tag on his mower, he does not need a "tail-number" to add Aviation fuel.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

As long as BlazNT has a "remove before flight" tag on his mower, he does not need a "tail-number" to add Aviation fuel.

Love the comment basshole, LOVE your username even more ! Glad you "piped-in" hope you get a chance to read through this thread some day, it started out serious mechanical, but then we started trading fun comments and things got out of control we wound up trading friendly non-mechanical comments and then we got into EVERYTHING BUT mechanical, we even started a "sister thread" when one of our "group" regulars took-off on vacation and all we knew knew he was going traveling on his cycle, when we didn't hear him for a long time we got concerned and started a search , eventually we caught up to him ...see sister thread ( Missing Member) Anyway we use this thread as a sort of "man-cave" a place to B/S and talk shop and poke fun, you're welcome to stick around and say whatever comes to mind , so pull up a comfy chair grab a cold one ( if you're so inclined ) and start reading !! We all hope the hairs on your arse turn into barbed wire !! JUST KIDDIN but ya can see what I mean ..... ENJOY buddy ..:laughing: ..:thumbsup:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Comments from the peanut gallery

Let's see:

Boo - Nice picture of you and Linda, I've saved it to my photo album..

Bert - Regarding how easy taking a piss is: I have to wonder if no one in Australia has ever caught the clap?? (That will give you an entirely different view on taking a piss!)

Chuck - I've watched Doc Martin, Downton Abby, Masterpiece Mystery, Grantchester, Endeavor, Poldark, Call the Midwife, Keeping up Appearances, Are you being Served, Waiting for God, Prime Suspect - Tennison and even the Doctor Blake Mysteries in Ballarat, Victoria Australia... And I Still can't understand Bert half the time!!

Clyde & Chuck - In order to have easy access to non-ethanol gas in FL, you have to live near the coast in a heavy boating area. In my own boat I tend to switch back and forth between non and 10% ethanol fuels. I do however religiously use Yamaha's "Ring Free" fuel additive every time I fill up. I don't use the boat as often here in Maine as I do when it's in FL, so it sits for fairly long periods of time and I only had a fuel related problem once and that was because the original owner didn't change a filter. I also religiously change my fuel filters. I have also started using a fuel system cleaner (like Lucas) in my vehicles every 3K - 5K miles. This was after a dealer offered me a fuel system cleaning for $300! (As a preventative, not to correct a problem.)

Are we having fun yet??

Roger

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

It can lead to interesting results.
A friend built up a really Hot B50 ( motorcycle )
IT would ping on the highest octane fuel evn with octane booster added .
Some one suggested he try av gas which he did & it flew on the 50% avgas mixture.
However the brew ate the plastic strainer in the fuel banjo and dumped 2 gallons of this brew onto the garage floor.
They think it was the compressor motor kicking in that launched the garage door into a low earth orbit ant made a few new window holes in the brick wall.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Goomba you and Bert seem to have recruited Clyde and Tom in your "HOLD-OUTS" club, I've been on their schitt about the prize money and they MUST have their heads up their arse's because the question seems to fall on deaf ears ! I just can't believe a guy can't pop $10.00 into the pot !! SOME BROTHERHOOD !! ..:mur:..:smiley_aafz:..:thumbdown:

I could understand it if someone has a real crisis situation , ( and we DON'T know of it ) ......