The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Hunting Stories

I was standing in line at a grocery store, had on a Ducks Unlimited tshirt. A lady and her partner started a bitc*^% fit accusing me of shooting ducks. I said "No Ma'am, I do the catch and release method" They both nodded, and said ok, that is better.

BASSHOLE - - Welcome aboard!! Basshole - I love that!!! However, it does make me think of Massholes, . . . but FAR better!! And a fellow hunter too! However, I must admit that I gave up duck hunting when I discovered that eating wild duck isn't quite as enjoyable as domesticated duck.) I'd go with catch and releasing them too! Better than eating the damn things! And regular ducks, (like woodies, etc..) are far and away better than the sea ducks guys around here love to hunt, even though the seasons run from late Fall into early winter depending on the species! Nothing like being wrapped up in a camo snow-mobile suit, sitting in a leaky boat disguised as a rocky ledge, in a state three sea with a Nor-Easter blowing snow horizontally across the water, - your favorite 12 gauge laying in your lap - probably frozen to your pants, while waiting for a flock of Eiders, Scoters or Old Squaws to come flying along.. Oh what fun!! Eiders must practically make these guys mouths water in anticipation of having a couple for dinner. They nest out on uninhabited islands all up and down the Maine coast and if you surprise one sitting on her eggs, she will crap all over the eggs when she abandons the nest.. You might think you'd just scared the schitt out of her, but noooo, that isn't the case at all! They live on seaweed and denizens of the deep which makes their crap stink horribly, so they deposit it on their eggs as a deterrent to keep predators from eating them! Considering the old saw - "You are what you eat", I can't imagine what a bowl of Eider duck stew must smell like, never mind taste like!

No thanks! I'll stick to hunting big furry four-legged critters. And turkeys. Oh! And partridge too...

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Fish Fry

This is really for Bert as he is the only one who will understand.

We currently are hosting one of Becky's cousins. She lives in CT and has for many years after growing up in Boothbay, Maine. She comes up every year and we all make a pilgrimage to Bet's Fish Fry for some of the best fried haddock you'll ever eat. Bet has a number of interesting signs on her shop as well as on tee-shirts she offers for sale. Like "Don't even THINK of asking for a lobster sandwich!" and "Free Beer tomorrow!" Well, yesterday, she's added a new tee shirt and it says: (Now pay attention Bert) "Bet's Fish Fry - Right Piss Elegant!"

Here's a clip of Bet on her best behavior: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg5pt5M5cE0

Bet herself is a hoot and is worth the price of admission on her own.

She's "Right Piss Elegant" - perfect!!

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bert's reply to Boo

Here Old Boo asks All Hands what their recommendation would be for an inexpensive, yet dependable riding mower might be. So Bert chimes in from the land of Oz and says, (and I quote): "Piece of piss Boo."

Now I'm going to tell you right here and now, that old boy is "Right Piss Elegant" too!

It would seem the English fascination with bodily functions has been carried all the way to Australia! Not that I want to piss Bert off, for in my limited experience, Aussies tend to be rather pugnacious, I'm just making a point, that's all..

Rog

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: Bert's reply to Boo

Here Old Boo asks All Hands what their recommendation would be for an inexpensive, yet dependable riding mower might be. So Bert chimes in from the land of Oz and says, (and I quote): "Piece of piss Boo."

Now I'm going to tell you right here and now, that old boy is "Right Piss Elegant" too!

It would seem the English fascination with bodily functions has been carried all the way to Australia! Not that I want to piss Bert off, for in my limited experience, Aussies tend to be rather pugnacious, I'm just making a point, that's all..

Rog

NOBODY understands poor Bert, It's easy ..... he's like us, a grumpy ol bassturd that has a wild hair up his arse ! I love when he rattles schitt off in that unknown language from "down-under" , can't understand it but it sounds funny anyway ! ..:laughing: ..:laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

OK Goomba, heres some pics of my carb gettin it's " bath and pretty-up " .....

DSCN0573.jpg DSCN2569 (Medium).jpg DSCN2570 (Medium).jpg..DSCN2577 (Medium).jpg..DSCN2603 (Medium).jpg..DSCN2610 (Medium).jpg

DSCN2635 (Medium).jpg..DSCN2628 (Medium).jpg..DSCN2626 (Medium).jpg..DSCN2622 (Medium).jpg..DSCN2617 (Medium).jpg..DSCN2614 (Medium).jpgDSCN2604 (Medium).jpg..idle_pickup.JPG

Just had to include a pic of my "Boss" ... her favorite comment .." do you know what the hell you're doin " ..???
NOTICE the "flat" spot on the needle ..easy to count turns.......:thumbsup:

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

My son (who mows our lawn) has requested a riding lawn mower. And being the Dad that I am, and since it's Dad's day I decided to go ahead and acquire one. As you can see by his expression, he wasn't as excited on the find as I am. Jeez what is up with these Teenagers now a days? Back when I was his age......
Nice

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Not a Pommie thing at all Roger. Piss is a very common adjective down here
As a noun "piece of piss or piss simple" means just that as easy as emptying ones bladder, anyone can do it without any effort or thought at all.

And I seen to remember some US sayings featuring a four letter word for poo which gets censored if it try to type it here

S--- poor = Piss poor
Then we have dip S---
S--- head
Jack S---

In fact I remember a funny using a dozen or so S___ words that I found quite amusing,

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

I find it kind of odd that I understand all of what Bert says. Must be all the BBC telley I watch. :smile:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

OK Goomba, heres some pics of my carb gettin it's " bath and pretty-up " .....

View attachment 33431 View attachment 33432 View attachment 33433..View attachment 33434..View attachment 33435..View attachment 33436

View attachment 33443..View attachment 33442..View attachment 33441..View attachment 33440..View attachment 33439..View attachment 33438View attachment 33437..View attachment 33444

Just had to include a pic of my "Boss" ... her favorite comment .." do you know what the hell you're doin " ..???
NOTICE the "flat" spot on the needle ..easy to count turns.......:thumbsup:

What I noticed from all the pictures is you are using ethanol gas. Have you learned nothing from here?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

What I noticed from all the pictures is you are using ethanol gas. Have you learned nothing from here?

Well, Chuck ....it's like this I live in the OCALA National Forest in Central Fl. ..PEACEFUL !! the nearest NON ethanol station is approx 36 miles away ..... guess I enjoy re-building my equipments fuel systems !! ..:laughing: