The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Body Work

When ya gonna finish that ?? ...when ya gonna finish this ?? She just does'nt understand ....these things take time ..... sometimes months, sometimes years !! ... ( LOL ) ..:laughing:

Boo-Babe,

Ya Just gotta tell her, "Hey, if I finish it.... Then what'm I gonna do???? - - - I'll have to hang around and bother you!!"

Works for me!

Roge

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: How do you EDIT posts!?!?!?

I've had same problem... :smiley_aafz::smiley_aafz:..:mur::mur: ...Boobala

Oh great!! I was hoping you'd be able to tell me what a dub I was not being able to figure it out.. Let's hope someone can point us in the right direction...

Roger B

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

How about some pointers from somebody with experience at editing posts on this forum... OK, so I submit a post and even though I have reviewed it twice, after submitting it I discover a mistake, so I click on "Edit Post".. I have discovered that if I write too much, the entire post will not be displayed, only the top section... How do I edit portions that I can't see??? But lets say that my mistake was in the first sentence, so I go to it and make the necessary changes, then what do you do? There is no "Save" button, no "Submit" button, nothing! How in h#ll do you verify the correction???

Aggravating!!! :mad: :mad:

That is a quirk with your browser. I have to close my browser and reopen it and sometimes even reboot to get everything working as it should.

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Body Work - II

OK, the hood is all sanded out and a couple quick coats of Rustoleum's High Temp Flat Black were applied and allowed to dry... By the way, any of you guys that want a real good flat paint, try Rustoleum's High Temp! It comes in a number of shades and I even use it on the CRS (Corrosion Resistant Steel) propeller on my outboard. I wish it had a polished stainless steel prop, but it came from the factory (Yamaha) with the black painted CRS wheel. Rustoleum's High Temp paint will hang in there for a whole years usage as long as I can keep the boat away from the oyster beds down in Florida where I trailer it for the winter.

The hood was reinstalled and I took it out for a 'road-trip'.. The engine tends to run a little rough, the governor gets to cycling back and forth, if I haul it wide open with my finger, the engine goes wide open and smooths out.. Figured it must be a carb adjustment or something, so I twisted all the little screws and that did improve it for a while but not for long. I drove it up and down the street until the neighbors started looking out their windows. (Oh! I installed an Aaaaa-OO-Gah horn under the hood! Sounds like a submarine diving alarm... I love it!!! - - - Maybe if I hadn't been blowing that so often the neighbors wouldn't have noticed!)

I put the Yardman away and unloaded the ATV out of the utility trailer to get ready for tomorrow. Found out the Lawn tractor we're getting is a Bolens and I think it has a 14 HP engine.. That's all I know at this point.

Here's a picture of the 'fancy' new flat black grill.

Roger

Attachments

• DSCN1774_751.jpg
    DSCN1774_751.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 23

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Lookin good Roger..

But I thought you meant you were doing something, ... a lil "different" ....???

f936df70379cd8fb878f8888a9ef2ef1.jpg ..................IMG_2728.jpg[SUP][/SUP]

lawn-mower.png ...................mower.jpg

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Somethng a "Little" Different...

Boobala,

I DID do something a "Lil" different... Just very 'little'!! I'm not talented enough to do anything really radically different, like those guys you posted pictures of...

Bad news for today... Ichi Ban Son San called last night and said he had something come up... No tractor snatchin' or apple tree choppin' today.. Bugger!! . . . Damn kids anyway.. They are all too busy now-a-days.

I guess I'll just stay home and reload some ammo..

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

That is a quirk with your browser. I have to close my browser and reopen it and sometimes even reboot to get everything working as it should.

Chuck,

I tried closing out of the forum and then going back in, but that didn't seem to help.. Is that what you meant? I have to admit to being "computer challenged"! So if you send me a whole list of technical things to do, I'll just end up staring at it like the dummy I am... Sorry..

I don't understand why my 'browser' should effect what the forum can or cannot do, but as far as what 'I don't understand' is concerned, that's only the tip of the iceberg!!

Roger

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Chuck,

I tried closing out of the forum and then going back in, but that didn't seem to help.. Is that what you meant? I have to admit to being "computer challenged"! So if you send me a whole list of technical things to do, I'll just end up staring at it like the dummy I am... Sorry..

I don't understand why my 'browser' should effect what the forum can or cannot do, but as far as what 'I don't understand' is concerned, that's only the tip of the iceberg!!

Roger

Ok lets see if I can explain it better. Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome and others are browsers. It is what you use to connect to the internet to view web pages/forums. As long ad any tab of the browser is open you will continue to have this problem. So close all of them and then you can reopen and go to this forum.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Ok lets see if I can explain it better. Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome and others are browsers. It is what you use to connect to the internet to view web pages/forums. As long ad any tab of the browser is open you will continue to have this problem. So close all of them and then you can reopen and go to this forum.

I don't use a browser to get to LMF, I have a shortcut on my desktop (goes straight to the URL) and I still have the problem on occasion .... :thumbdown: ... Boobala

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Unless you are getting the forum as individual emails, you are browsing using a browsing application .

There is a time limit on editing because it makes life hard for the server